1.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

i had a dream that i accidentally deleted this entire story and had a PANIC ATTACK — lmao

<1.5>
changing attitudes

THE SUMMER GLOW WASN'T as welcoming as it used to be. Despite the warm air, blooming flowers, and people roaming the streets — Petunia couldn't help but notice that a darkness surrounded her sight.

she was now home.

Sitting in her room, unpacking the clothes that were bundled into her tiny little suitcase — Petunia reorganized everything into her closet and drawers.

It was quiet, besides the voices in the other room. Isabel and Thomas Evans were speaking in a low whisper — trying to hide their occasional glances at the blonde.

She noticed.

She pretended she didn't.

And as she picked up the final item from her bag, she absentmindedly tossed the suitcase onto the floor — immediately perking up at the sound of a small jingle that appeared soon after.

Petunia glanced down.

She frowned.

And almost on instinct, she bent down, picking up the all too familiar piece of jewelry.

The locket that was originally for Lily.

She traced the small pattern, her thumb mindlessly trailing the chain around her neck. She couldn't deny that she'd forgotten about the connecting piece of jewelry — especially since she'd never given it to anyone else, hiding any ounce of significance.

she opened it.

     Both lockets were still empty, having no importance on the inside. Petunia knew eventually, hopefully, that would change. But, as their was still no idea who the second holder would be for the matching necklace, her hope was only fading.

She placed it back on her nightstand.

And her parents walked in.

Isabel was first, her feet quickly skidding over the floor, trying to get to her daughter. And Thomas, surprisingly to Petunia, held a supportive grin on his face.

"Another witch!"

Petunia almost didn't have time to process the words as she slightly tripped back, feeling as her mom pulled her into a hug. The first hug she'd gotten from her in three years.

She gave them both a tight lipped smile.

And as her dad soon joined, forcing the genuineness of it — Petunia kept her arms at her side, waiting for it to be finished.

Her voice muffled into their clothes.

"Uhm.."