5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

a double update for you lovely people<3

it's been a minute, sooo — need to rant?

go ahead:) >>>

<5>
hated & loved

PETUNIA STARED AT HER WINDOW helplessly, seeing as Sirius's body slowly got further away. And James, who had tried to go with him, sat back on her bed, nervously fiddling with her fingers.

The words, "i just need some space," repeatedly flickered through their mind — remembering the quiver in Sirius's voice as he spoke them. And Petunia almost felt her heart break at the sound of it.

it was all her fault.

"Do you think he hates me?" her voice, as low as a whisper, appeared randomly. "Do you—" She continued, "Do you think he'll ever forgive me?"

James watched as she turned to face him. Her expression full of guilt, her bottom lip almost pouting as she stared at him. Petunia's hair messily laid on her head — her eyes flushed pink from sadness.

He looked at her momentarily.

and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"He doesn't hate you," His voice was as soft as her own, "His history with his brother,"he thoughtfully started to explain, keeping his hand on the side of her face, "It's well..."

she leaned into his touch.

"It's complicated."

Petunia nodded in understanding.

"Am I allowed to know?"

And at her question, James spared a glance to where Sirius just was, seeing as his friend was no longer in sight. He thought for a moment, and then another, ultimately deciding what was best.

Petunia watched his changing expressions.

"Sirius ran away from his family," He spoke shortly, watching as she sat up in curiosity, "They would use these curses on them... both Sirius and Regulus," he lightly detailed, "But, as Sirius was more of the type to— to.. get into trouble," James stuttered over his words, "He tended to get the worse end of it."

Petunia didn't interrupt.

She just listened.

"A year ago, when it was really late, my parents and I were all in bed, asleep," He eye'd her, "And I had woken up to someone groaning and pounding on the front door," James spoke in remembrance, "I was the first one to wake from it — and the only thing I remember seeing in that moment was a bloody Sirius with a small bag next to him," he frowned, "I almost thought he was dead."

The waiver in his voice was easy to catch, and Petunia consciously brought her hand up to his own, replacing the feeling of her cheek against his fingertips to her palm.