Chapter 1

Bethany

I slowly shut the front door, trying not to wake my dad up. Once I made it off the front porch, I get in my purple 2000 Acura NSX and put it in neutral. My driveway was a hill so I slowly went down, pressing the brake when I needed it. My car rolled down the road and I didn't start it until I was far enough from my house.

My dad would kill me if he found out that I went to street races. I loved racing but I wasn't really big on the whole idea of actually racing. I've been in a race once, when I turned 16, I went with my cousin Letty and we raced each other. She had raced before so it was a bit of an unfair advantage. In the end, we actually tied and swore to me that she didn't let off and that we had tied fair and square. I never raced again after that.

I made it to the race and saw Hector surrounded by his lady friends. I park my car and got out, sitting on the hood. I slightly waved at Hector and he nodded telling me he was coming over here.

"Aye wassup Beth! How you been?" I shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

"Eh alright. What about you Hector?" The other girls were some what glaring at me because I was talking to Hector. I mean he wasn't really attractive enough to be glaring just because I am talking to him. Besides, I only think of Hector a brother.

"Pretty damn good. The ladies obviously think I'm ama- Oh look at the guy!" I looked behind me and saw a hot guy with slightly curly, dirty blonde hair standing next to a green car with blue flames on it. He had a bright smile. "Aye, new guy. You gonna let me what's under the hood of your car?" The dude just put his hands in his pockets and smile a bit bigger. "Oh so you're gonna make me find out the hard way, huh?"

"Yeah, I guess so," he did a sort of sigh and laugh together. Hector got closer to him and stuck his hand out.

"You've got balls, kid. I'm Hector. I've got a last name but I don't know how to pronounce it." I laughed from behind Hector.

"I'm Brian Spilner."

"Classic white boy name." Hector laughed at him. I thought Brian was a cute name.

"I'm Bethany. Nice you meet you, Brian," I stepped out in front of Hector to talk to Brian. "I haven't seen you around here before. What are you doing here?" I didn't want to be nosey but it's not everyday some guy shows up, by himself, at a street race.

"Dominic Toretto," I knew him. I used to spend time with his sister, what was her name, Maya? Whatever but when we were younger, we used to be best friends. I lived with my cousin, Letty who lived down the street from the Toretto's. Now my father and I live a couple blocks away from Letty and her mom, my aunt.

"The name sounds familiar." I lied. I didn't want people to know I knew Dom. It was weird. I was his sisters best friend as a kid and I had always fancied him. Word on the street is that he and Letty are a thing now. Letty still got with him even after I told her.

I heard cars screeching and engines revving and that's when I knew that they were here. Turning around, I see a red car in front and four other cars behind it in an arrow shape. All of the cars park except for the red car, who had stopped right where it was. When the drivers side door opened I knew exactly who it was. Dominic Toretto. He hadn't changed.

Dom walked over to where some half naked girls were and started talking to them. Instantly, my cousin was right there to tell them off. Hector starts to walk towards Dom and I begin to walk too.

"Hey Dominic, nice to see ya!" Hector started and I was just kind of standing there next to him.

"Hey Hector. Whatcha got for me?" He didn't even acknowledge me. I guess he didn't remember me. I wouldn't blame him, it's been what 7 years?

"Um Hector, I'm gonna head home. My dad might be looking for me." I looked down all nervous and shit. Hector even knew that I had feelings for Dom.

"Aw Beth, c'mon stay! It's gonna be a great race. Dominic Toretto meet Bethany Anderson. Beth meet Dom." I saw him face to face, and I knew that the feelings were just coming back to me.

"Hey, you seem very familiar." I nod.

"You do too." I hated lying but he didn't need to know. Dom looked over his shoulder before calling to someone who looked very familiar. Mia! I remember her.

"Mia, don't you remember her? I can't seem to put my finger in it!" I smile at Mia and she smiles and hugs me.

"Bethany! Oh my god I missed you! Where have you been? Letty has been around but you just disappeared."

"She didn't tell you, did she?" Letty and I weren't on the greatest terms for the last couple of years. I was always jealous of Letty, her being prettier and more into cars than me. She caught Doms attention, not me.

"Didn't tell us what?"

"That my dad had got a new house. It's only a couple blocks from Letty's. The two of us had been in a fight and when I left with my dad, she told me some things that you guys said about me." I started, my feet seemed more interesting than telling this story. "Letty said she told you guys and that you guys were happy I was leaving. That I was annoying and a bitch. So I left and never thought of coming back." I was going to cry in front of them.

"Letty told us that your dad got a new job on the east coast. All of us were upset that you left without saying goodbye." Mia was gonna say something else but Dom cut her off.

"We wouldn't say those things about you. You are family and will always be family." Dom came and hugged me. I smiled, relieved that they didn't say those things about me. But also upset that I could've spent more time with them and that Dom probably just thought of me as another sister.