Chapter 17

Bethany

Brian was telling Rome about Tej's garage and the cars. Then Jimmy comes out of nowhere.

"Aye yo Jimmy," Brian calls out. "Wassup man?"

"What up, boy?" They bro hug and I walk up to Himmy. "Aye Beth. Looking fine as usual," he smiled and I hugged him.

"Boy I already know," I flipped my hair, laughing.

"That's Rome right there. Do me a favor, when you get a second, I want you to check out the evo and the spider. Make sure everything's copacetic." Brian says, a bit fast.

"Evo? Where you get an Evo from?" Jimmy asks.

"It's a long story." Brian smiled and I did too.

"I gotchu man." Jimmy walks towards the cars with a guy.

"It's so hot and humid out here, I can't wear draws." Rome says and I decided to say something to him.

"Are you implying that your only wearing pants? Or just saying that?" I wink at him and he laughs, throwing an arm around my neck.

"Shut up, Beth," he kisses my cheek. "Look at all this potential out here," Rome takes his arm away. "Damn," I scoff.

"Oh cmon Rome. You know I'm the best looking here." I push him away, taking off my shirt again.

"Bethany stop flirting with him," Brian pushes me.

"It's just hot. That's all." I smirk and walk up to Tej. Rome is flirting with girls and Brian shuts him up. "Hey Afrojack," I say to Tej. He hugs me quickly, still trying to watch the race.

"Beth, put those away," he eyes my chest, whispering. Tej and Suki were sort of together and I definitely wasn't breaking that up.

"It's hot okay. You just focus on the race." I point out at the water and he smiled. "Hey Suki. How you been?" I hug her.

"It's great. I just came up with some new ideas." Suki turn the pad to me and I examined it. It was really good.

"Damn Suki. You have so much talent," she smiled. Brian introduced Rome to Tej and Suki. The race finished so Tej went around collecting money.

"I see you about your money, homie. You race too?" Rome asked Tej.

"Nah man. I hit a wall doing like a buck 20 a couple years ago. Every since then, I've just been organizing and collecting," Tej replies, counting his money.

"Hey Tej, check it out. He's gonna be town for a while. Is it alright if he can use that cot?" Brian asks for Roman.

"What's wrong with your place, man?" Tej's voice cracks and I giggle.

"Nah. I don't wanna stay with him. He got bad habits," Rome says, convincing Tej that he can stay.

"Aight man. Whatever man. Show him around real quick, aight?" Tej says to Brian. "Be up there in a minute."

"Thanks," Brian says and all three of us walk away. You can hear Tej through his microphone. We all walk back to Jimmy. "So what's up? You ever seen anything like this before?"

"Nah. Both of them are wired up like I never seen before."

"They got us wired with GPS. That's why Markham knew we were gonna be at that impound lot." Brian said. Wait, I must have missed a lot during that little mission.