Chapter 45

So the first MP ended today and we had a half day and we don't have school tomorrow, so maybe another chapter tomorrow? IDK

Bethany

The trip down to Rio was exhausting. It was hot, sweaty, long, exhilarating, honestly, it was difficult. Dom and I had fun in the beginning.

The plan was to split up so Brian and Mia and then Dom and I. We took separate ways to get down there. It was fun because we would turn the radio on and I had a few Coronas stashed in the back. Or we would pull over in the middle of nowhere and have a quickie in the backseat. Definitely fun.

But Dom knew a lot of people and we would stop and say hello and hang out. The majority of those people were girls. I had no problem with it at first. The girls fed us and let us wash at their houses. But then I noticed how they would hang on him and laugh and touch him. So it made me jealous.

We would talk about it the next time the both of us were awake on the road. He would assure that it was nothing to worry about, that he only had eyes for me. So I'd drop it, but the thought was still on my mind. I never really wanted to argue with him.

But when we had gotten to Ecuador, I was tired and hungry and frustrated. It was completely the girl's fault, because she ran into him, on purpose, and spill his beer and it got on his pants. So she looked me dead in the eye and grabbed a rag and tried to 'clean it up'.

I stood up and walked to the car, not in the mood to get the cops called on me with Dom a few feet away. It literally was an hour before he made it back to the car. He drove and I kept my mouth shut until he brought it up.

"Beth, I am so tired of you throwing a fit over a girl trying to help me out," My eyes that were looking out the window, just looked at him. I couldn't even believe he thought this was something that I wouldn't have a problem with.

"If you thought that was throwing a fit, I would hope you wouldn't shove your tongue down another girls' throat. I'd be out to get the both of you."

"She was wiping up the beer she spilled," I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

"Are you saying if I did that to you right now, it wouldn't mean anything? I mean, I am just trying to get the stain out of your pants, right?" I leaned over and placed my hand on his thigh, close to the stain on his pants.

"You know that's a different story."

"Exactly! That's why she did it and looked me right in the eye before she did. She just wanted to show that she could get your attention. If not yours, then his," I patted where his 'little' friend was and sat back in my seat.

"It's not like you don't get my attention," his eyes stayed focused on the road.

"I dont in front of every other girl you see!" Dom pulled over at this gas station.

"Bethany, just drop it. I'm gonna fill the tank and call Vince." He got out and I flipped down the visor. Opening the mirror, my reflection wasn't very familiar.

My face was skinnier, my hair was lighter. My skin was much darker due to the amount of sun I was getting in a daily basis. My face was free of makeup, not that I wear much usually, but I'd been going natural due to the lack of make up supplies.

That conversation was the last one we had had that was more than 'Do you want to switch?' Or, 'How much longer til we get to Rio?'. We had been a couple weeks away in Ecuador. Now we have less than 24 hours.

It was dark outside and the cool night air was warm enough to have the window down, but cold enough to not sweat. Dom was driving and had decided to drive until we get there.

My head resting on my arm which was on the arm rest of the door. My legs were tucked under me, as some sort of way to sleep comfortably. The radio was silent and you could hear the small neighborhoods that we would occasionally drive through.

I switched arm rests because the wind was blowing in my face. Now I was close to Dom. I kept my eyes close to attempt to sleep, but Dom had started talking.

"Bethany, I hope you know I love you. I know we have had a rough couple of weeks, but every night I tell you this. Sometimes I wish you were listening, but other times I'm glad you aren't awake to interrupt me as usual," he had chuckled slightly and I felt his fingers brush a strand of hair behind my ear. "I don't really know how this whole talking thing works. Letty and I would talk sometimes, but they're weren't really any bumps in the road with her. She knew how I worked." The pain in his voice evident.

"But what we have is different. We don't know each other inside and out and I think that's the fun. We get to explore and test out new things. And one new thing is this job we are running tomorrow." I was confused but continued to listen silently as he spoke or else he wouldn't.

"When I called Vince in Ecuador, he mentioned it. Brian and Mia are gonna help. I told him we might be little late, so he told me where to meet them. We can see how you do. I know it's not really your thing, but it's a good first step to money." I moved a little and sat up, yawning a little.

"When were you gonna tell me, babe?" I asked and he seemed a little scared that I had heard him talking.

"How much of that did you hear?" I smiled and grabbed his hand that wasn't on the wheel.

"All of it. I wasn't sleeping, just relaxing." I brought his large hand up to my face and pressed it to my cheek. "The beginning was sweet, until you just drop the bomb that I'm actually doing something for money other than typing on a computer at Racer's Edge," I laughed.

"Yeah, we weren't really speaking when I found out, so I was hoping for a better way to tell you. But now is alright, too." I nodded.

"Quick question. How much work do I have to do?" He shook his head and brought my face over to his. The kiss was light and very gentle, which was unexpected from a guy like Dom, but he had his rough moments, trust me.

"You'll find out when we get there. But get some sleep," he intertwined our fingers as I struggled to find a comfortable way to lay in the seat and continue holding his hand.

"I'm going to get comfortable and then you just hold something that isn't my hand while I sleep." I put my head on my right arm to lay on the door. "Okay." And you would never guess where his hand goes. My butt. However, I wasn't concern because we were talking again. We were happy.

That was like a filler I guess. Tomorrow I'll continue with the movie.