Chapter 41

Bethany

Mia arrived and we said our hellos and we caught up. Then she stitched Dom's wound because the bullet wasn't in there so it was pretty funny to watch him wince when it hurt.

We ordered some Chinese takeout which I was onboard for since the minute we got there. We all sat at the table. Dom on my left, Brian on my right, and Mia across from me. Each of us had a plate and a corona. We dealt out the food we wanted onto our plates and I took a sip of my corona.

"Dom, what are you doing?" Mia said, drawing my attention to him. He had food in his mouth.

"You gotta say grace now, hotshot." I winked at him and giggled at the look on his face. I knew the feeling. He had just wanted to eat, but he cleared his throat to say grace. We all put our hands together, waiting for him to start.

"Thank you, Lord, for blessing this table." Dom started but Mia had continued.

"With food, family, and friendship." I decided to take a shot at it since I always sucked at it during my teen years.

"And may we always have each other to lean on and the memories to look back on. In Jesus' name, amen." I finished and the other three repeated 'amen' in unison.

"Let's eat." Dom spoke with food in between his chopsticks and I giggled at his behavior. He seemed to be back to normal for the most part.

After we all enjoyed that much needed meal, Dom went into a back room. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Mia. Her and Brian had picked up the plates and trash, cleaning up after dinner. I walked quietly to the room Dom walked to. He was looking at a picture of him and Letty. Looking back, I saw Mia and Brian sitting at the table.

"What is that?" I stepped into the room and made my presence known to Dom.

"Letty's stuff." He responded, picking up a evidence package and opening it. I nodded, even though he didn't see me. He pulled out a phone, which I'm guessing was Letty's. He pressed a few buttons and I walked closer.

"What are you doing?" He didn't answer me, but I heard a phone ringing. I looked back at Brian and saw him pick up his phone. Dom stood up. "Hey, look Dom. It's not his fault." I put my hands to his chest. "Dom, listen to me." He dropped the phone in the box and continued to walk. He was like a brick wall compared to me.

"Shit. Hey, Dom." Brian stood up from his chair.

"When were you gonna tell me?" Dom sounded like he was gonna burst into tears, so I let him go. I wasn't gonna fight him.

"Dom, what are you doing?" Mia stood up too as Brian and Dom walked towards each other.

"When were you gonna tell me you were running Letty?" Dom's voice got louder.

"Hold on, I thought he told you this. That was like a key detail as to why I joined the case." I looked to Brian.

"Let me explain-" Brian was cut off by Dom.

"When were you gonna-" Dom threw Brian into the shelf and I knew this was gonna end bad. Dom picked Brian up and pushed him into a wall.

"Dom, stop!" Mia yelled and I couldn't do anything. The boys were talking and fighting at the same time and Mia kept yelling for them to stop. Brian was thrown over the table and down into the other. Then Dom walked over and punched Brian mid-sentence.

"She did it for-" Brian couldn't finish because of the punches Dom was throwing at his face. "Dom, stop!" Watching Dom, punch Brian was a lot to handle. But Brian had reflecting one punch, long enough to wrap his legs around Dom's neck. Then Dom picked him up and slammed on the ground.

"Dominic! It's not his fault. She wanted you to come home!" I yelled when I had enough. He froze with his fist clenched in the air and Brian had move slightly.

"She did it for you." Brian finished off. "Letty came to me to clear your name in exchange for bringing down Braga."

"It was my idea." Dom looked at me, anger clearly written across his face. "Letty showed up at the house, the same way I did to Mia. She was looking for you and I told her that Brian might be able to help her if she helped him. So when Letty died, I felt it was my fault. And I joined the case too. So when you yelled at me for being with the Feds at David Park's apartment, I felt guilty." I told him and the look on Dom's face broke my heart. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I gave her the idea and that the both of you got hurt in the process." A tear fell from my left eye and I wiped it off, walking to the door.

My feet were on the gravel and I sat down on the 'porch' in front of the door. The block of cement was cold and hard, but I didn't care. My hand ran through my hair and I closed my eyes. All of this was my fault. And I couldn't save them. I couldn't save anybody. All I did was ruin things.

I ruined Dom and Letty's relationship. I ruined Tej's car. I got Letty killed and Dom's heart broken. What good could I do in the world?

My head tilted back and I opened my eyes. The stars in the sky were fainted but I could see them. Maybe I ruin everything, but how else would the world keep a balance?

So I think this chapter sucked... I'm sorry for this poor chapter... but I was hoping it would help me make up my mind... but it didn't.