Chapter 37

Bethany

From the start this race was doomed. After the first right turn, everything went down hill. I was behind Dom, the two goons behind me and Brian in the back. Then the next turn caused a minor accident. Brian had drifted way too far.

Then I blocked the two guys, letting Brian pass me and slide pass Dom as well. We weaved in and out of cars which was the easy part for me. I watched from behind how Dom had tried to pass Brian, but he just blocked him. So Dom took an extreme, as always, and went to the left side of the road, where there was on coming traffic.

Honestly, I was tempted to follow him, but I was not taking any chances on wrecking this car. Brian, on the other hand, was glad to take chances. I stayed on the right side, keeping the two men that I didn't know out of the way. My eyes flicking to every places to watch other cars around me and other racers, I spotted Dom taking the next right. I couldn't even find Brian.

So I turned, the two boys turned and I saw the accident happen before it really did. The guy with curly hair, drifted off too far and that was always a mistake. So horns were honked and voices screamed, but that guy was out of the race. Then I saw a car flip over behind me and a blue car was almost crushed. Brian.

I watched him keep going straight as I turned and I shook my head. "Okay, Brian. I guess I'll save your ass," I switched gears and pressed acceleration into the floor again, and turned left like the GPS told me to.

Now Dom was next to me and I look at him through the window. His hard glare turned to me and I blew a kiss and waved at him. I didn't know where Brian was, but i was definitely not letting that non growth spurt boy win this race. And I would try my best to prove to Dom that I could do this for me.

I was stressed as we weaved through more cars, making it difficult to keep track of my opponents, but I just went on the sidewalk, passed all of them. In my mirror, I saw two cars ram together and knew that was Dom and the other guy. Looking at the road for a second, I switch my eyes back to Dom's face and he looked pissed.

My hands started hurting form the grip I had on the wheel. I was focused on not having anyone ram into the car, and not having anyone pass me. I looked back and saw a car drive down the hill. Of course, Brian had to make an entrance. The GPS continued telling me how far I was from the finish line, but I wasn't really listening.

More cars to weave through and I saw Dom pass me from the left side of the road. The other guys passed me too and rammed into Dom. This guy was either really stupid or had a death wish. So Dom rammed into him and he was on the left side with on coming traffic now. I was next to Brian and I nodded at him and switched gears again, speeding up.

Keeping my eyes on Dom, I watched the other guy go to ram him, and Dom just sped up, causing the guy to flip over. "Oh shit!" I was going to slam on the brakes as my initial reaction but instead I went to the left side and prayed that I didn't die. Brian swerved off the bridge and I rolled my eyes.

The guys car fell off the bridge and I prayed that it didn't hit Brian. I kept my eyes on Dom and I sped up to catch up to him. Dom's car jumped and I hoped that that didn't happen to me so I let off the gas a little. After the bump, I sped up and was on Dom's ass. But then I saw Brian's blue car merge onto the road and I thanked God.

The two were neck and neck and I just eased off a little since I didn't need to win and there was no way I was stopping Dom. All three of us turned left and I saw Dom swing to hit Brian. Which I knew pissed him off so I laughed to myself. I sped up and prayed that Tej wouldn't notice this chip of paint that I was about to take off. I rammed into the back of Brian causing him to move slightly in front of Dom.