Chapter 52

Bethany

I woke up around 8 and noticed Dom was still asleep, so I got up quietly. Changing my clothes, I pick up my shoes and walk out of the room.

I was struggling to put on my second shoe as I walked into the main area. Brian and Mia were there. She had a bag hanging off of her shoulder and a yellow dress covered in flowers.

"Well, you're up early," Mia spoke as I finally got my shoe on.

"Yeah, well, i couldn't fall back asleep. Why are you up early?" I questioned, greeting Brian with a small side hug.

"I'm going to the market. Actually, do you want to come with me? You can drive," she waved keys in the air and I smiled.

"You know the best way to persuade me," I took the keys and Brian laughed.

"If that is how to persuade you, I should've learned that like 5 years ago, when we were still working at Harry's," Brian had also tried to get me to do his work so he could see Mia, but one, I didn't know how. And two, it was a lot of work.

"Your ugly red truck would not have convinced me to do anything!" The three of us laughed. "We'll be back. I'll make sure she doesn't get too cranky." My arm wrapped around Mia's shoulders.

We got in the car and i pulled out the warehouse and on to the streets. Brazil was beautiful. There were lots of colors everywhere; in the landscapes, the buildings, the people, the food.

"So, completely serious question," Mia started as I was examining the scene, "would you consider being the godmother?"

My eyes widened at the words and i cracked a smile. "Consider? There's no need to consider. Of course!"

"Brian and I talked about it the other day and I didn't want to say anything in front of anyone else. I mean Dom's my brother, and you're practically Brian's sister, so it only seemed fair." I pulled up behind the marketplace.

"Wow, I'm honestly so honored. I love kids. Letty and I had a lot of cousins who live around us when we were younger." We sat for a second before we got out and went into the market.

Entering, I looked around for anything suspicious. Reyes was sketchy and probably want to kill us so anything out of the ordinary could be dangerous.

Mia and I wandered around the fruit section and carefully chose want we wanted to eat and thought about everyone else's eating habits. A car pulled up across the street and no one got out for a minute or two. As we walked around, I continued to glance there, hoping I wouldn't worry Mia. But it wasn't me who worried her.

"Vince, what are you doing?" Mia spoke and my head turned quickly seeing Vince carrying Mia away. I jogged after them and heard Vince.

"Quiet, they've been tracking you two." I looked back to see three more cars pull up and guys jump out. Some had guns.

Vince took Mia towards the back entrance and I followed. "The car is right here. Mia get in."

"No, she can ride with me." Vince said, pointing to a car down the alleyway.

"No, I told Brian that I would look out for her. Mia let's go. Vince just follow me back." Mia got in the passenger seat and I got in, driving down the alley and turning towards the warehouse.

I made a few extra turns to make sure no one, other than Vince, was following us. When we got to the warehouse, Mia and I got out and Vince copied our actions.

The two of us were able to buy a few things before Vince showed up. We walked past Rome and he gave me a look when he saw Vince. So I stopped to talk to him as the other two went on.