Chapter 16

Bethany

"You sure are cozy in this big mansion. Sleeping with the enemy," Roman says, staring at Monica and I glare at him. Monica wasn't looking at him so he glanced at him and mouthed 'what?' I shook my head and decided to put my shirt on before Verome gets back.

"Sit down," Verome says as Brian goes to stand up.

"Nice Ferrari you got in the driveway," Brian points out. Verome thanks him, opening the package that B gave to him.

"We did all that for a damn cigar?" Roman asks, Brian covers his mouth, trying not to say anything.

"No. You did that for a job. Do you really think that I would like somebody impound my car. The boatyards mine. Oh, by the way you two owe me a gate. But I'll just take it off your cut," Verome cuts his cigar before lighting it.

"Ha ha, off our cut. I like that," Rome says looking at me and then Brian. "What's this job you got for us anyway?"

"Come with me," Verome looks at me, like he was telling me to stay here. I shook my head, then Monica noticed.

"Oh it's alright. She can come too. Bethany is all beauty. The smartest she gets is knowing when to keep her legs closed." My mouth dropped slightly. Who the hell does she think she is? Brian glared at her too. Playing along, I smiled and pulled my shirt down a bit so my cleavage was hanging out.

We were walking for a while before Verome said something. "That house has ears in it. I have something I want you to carry. From North Beach to the Keys," he threw his cigar. I walked beside Roman and Monica and I stayed closer to Rome. Monica pissed me off.

"What is it?" Brian was always asking question that were unnecessary because if he just listened they would be answered.

"Just put in the car what I tell and drove it to me. And don't let anybody stop you. You understand?" He glances at Brian, then back at the three of us.

"Yeah. Any chance of cop trouble?" Brian asks, again.

"Nah. I'm buying you a window of time but it's not gonna be open very long. You make it, and I'll personally hand you 100 g's at the finish line." Verome turned, looking out towards the sun.

"Make it 100g's a piece papi. Look man, obviously, your pockets ain't nervous," Rome went to go touch Verome, but he was smacked in the arm.

"Don't ever touch me," I rolled my eyes at Roman because he was an annoying as hell, hot idiot.

"Ours are empty. Like I said, we hungry." Roman smirked, looking at Brian and taking a bite of something. From behind him, I smack him upside the head while Verome wasn't looking. There was a stare off for a second.

"I got an idea. Why don't you two boys joins at the club a little later tonight?"

"Yeah. Bethany was gonna come and you guys can keep her company. Parlor at midnight?" Monica said.

"We get to know each other a little better." Verome says.

"Alright sounds good." Brian says to Verome. He looks at me and I smile. Brian and Verome shake hands.

"We'll see you tonight." The boys went to walk off before Verome stopped them. "Aye you. Pockets aren't empty. I'll take my cutter back." Roman turns around and walks back over here. Brian glared at him and I rolled my eyes. Brian saw it and nodded.

"I figured you had like 12 or 13 of them," Rome was a piece of shit actor.

"Just get out of here," Verome said and Monica smacked Roman's hand before the boys walked down the driveway.

"I actually have to get going too. Duty calls," I smile at Verome, fakely.

"Aw really? We were about to have some fun," Verome smirks, but I wave my hand.

"I'll see you tonight. Monica, are you picking me up? I can get a ride if you aren't." I asked her.

"I have a few things to do before hand. So I won't pick you up. Sorry," I shook my head.

"It's no problem," I smiled and hugged her, before waving at Verome and walking away. This driveway was long as hell but I knew the boys were waiting for me. Unfortunately, no one was at the end of the driveway so I looked left and right before I saw the two cars down the road.

"I literally hate everyone and everything." I told Brian as I finally got to his car. He took off, with Rome behind him.

"Why?" He asked me.

"Because Monica made me seem like a dumbass hoe and my feet aren't meant to walk in heels down a mile long driveway." I threw my shoes off my feet.

"You'll live. After this, you can be the smart and amazing Bethany i know and love,"  he said sarcastically.

"I hate you. I shouldn't went with Rome. Anyways where are we going?" I asked him as we made a right.

"Tej's. You can go show off that body of yours." Brian winked at me and I slapped his arm.

"Shut up," I whined. He got to Tej's and I had to put my shoes back on.