Chapter 34

Yeah, I know. I'm late. But double update? Maybe if I finish the homework I have quickly. Just thought I'd give you this really fast. Oh! And aren't you excited Tej is back? Only for a little bit though. I almost brought Rome back but I thought why not bring someone who doesn't have beef. Enjoy!

Bethany

I was now wearing some jean shorts, a black tank top, and a pair of sneakers that I found in the bottom of my bag. Brian and I got to the garage and I saw the three cars he asked for.

"I still can't believe you actually got three cars. And you're just gonna take them apart, like what?" I shut the door and sat on the hood of the blue car.

"Get up, I gotta get in there," I threw my head back and stood up.

"So where's my drivers Ed teacher?" My eyes were on my nails, as I examined them for dirt and chipped paint.

"He'll be here. So just help me." I rolled my eyes at his words because 'help me', meant stay out of the way while I finish this in record breaking time. Spending time with him for like two years, I would know.

So over the course of 45 minutes, Brian had managed to open all of the hoods and started taking apart the engines. I had been watching and occasionally drifting off, but then a thought came to mind.

"Brian, what the hell am I suppose to drive? There is no way I'm going to succeed in this dumb race because I suck at driving and don't have a car!" I flipped my hair over to the other shoulder and leaned my weight onto my left leg.

"Bethany, we're figuring it out. Just wait." I huffed and decided to keep my mouth shut. Another 10 minutes and I was bored again. I got tired of standing so I sat down on the floor and waited.

"Guess who?" Hands covered my eyes and I jumped at the sudden contact and the new person in the room. Must be my teacher.

"Hopefully, you're someone I know and love very much or else this would be awkward," I lifted the hands off and turned around. "Tej!" I stood and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I missed you!"

"I missed you, too, B. How you been?" He asked as we hugged each other. I leaned back a bit and my face held a half smile on my face.

"Could be better, could be worse." He threw his arm around my shoulders and pulled me into his side.

"Aight, I got you," His words made me smile. Tej and I weren't the closest but when it came down to it, he was the only one I felt the need to be updated on, after I left Miami. Sure, Suki and I were close, but only because we were the only girls. Rome and I obviously ended things, and Jimmy had recently started a relationship with a girl who didn't like me, so I didn't bother with him. When Brian and I reunited, Tej was the first one I asked about. I mean, plus I liked to know how his hair was doing too.

"So you two go ahead and start with driving class. I'm gonna finish this car. And then figure out Bethany's car," Brain wiped some sweat off his forehead. He had been hard at work for the past hour and I could see the stressed look on his face.

"Hey, B." He looked up at me, "I know this probably won't help, but cool down a little bit. You worry about your car, and I'll either ask Hector to borrow one or I'll ask Mia for hers and then give her the money to buy the new one I was saving for." I walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry," I kissed his cheek and ruffled the little bit of hair he had, before walking past Tej and out the door.