Chapter 11

Bethany

Brian drove, sweating from the heat and I just sat in the passenger seat. The concentrated look on his face concerned me. Even though he sorta lied about everything, he always had a smile on his face.

Suddenly, I flew back into my seat, as Brian pressed the NOS. We inched closer to the two motorcycles, but then one turned around and shot at us. B swerved the car, dodging bullets.

No words were spoken as pulled his gun out and tried to shoot with one hand. I reached over and grabbed the wheel a little bit, keeping control of the car. Then I guess Johnny's cousin went down a hill with Johnny still in front of us.

I looked back and saw Johnny's cousin pop up, behind our car now. He shot at Brian's car and ducked my head, but I saw Dom's car come out of nowhere and cut Johnny's cousin off, making him run into a bush and over a hill.

We were still chasing after Johnny until Brian stopped the car and shot at Johnny, making Johnny fall over and it looked like B checked his pulse.

"Call 911!" He screamed to some person and ran back to the car. Then I finally saw why he was rushing. It was Dom.

We were stopped at a red light. And Dom started talking to more Brian than me. "I used to drive here back in high school. That railroad crossing up there, is exactly a quarter mile away from here. On green, I'm going for it," Dom looked over at us.

"I would say be careful, but about to ride in a car with someone who is doing the same thing. So," I shrugged my shoulders and smiled at Dom. He always used to say that he lived his life a quarter-mile at a time.

I looked at Brian and his eyes were red, like he was about to cry. Dom's car revved and so did Brian's. We all just watched the light, waiting for green. And as soon as it turned... Both cars took off. I gripped onto the handle on the inside of the car door.

Dom's American Muscle was ahead until Brian pushed the NOS. then we all saw the train that was coming. Dom didn't care though, until the car started making noise. We all panicked. I saw both guys look at each other.

I looked at Dom one more time and our eyes met. Then I closed my eyes, embracing the fact that I may die and that would be the last thing I see. My heart was pounded and I couldn't tell where we were. I couldn't tell how close the train was. I just waited.

Feeling Brian press yet another NOS, my head hit the seat again, but I kept my eyes closed, bracing for impact. The train horn was loud and I knew that someone was gonna get hurt. I felt the car hit the ground and I let go of a breath I was holding.

Opening my eyes, I saw Dom and he smiled slightly before I saw a huge truck. Dom didn't look until the last second because of mine and Brian's faces. And then boom. They collided. Happening in slow motion, Dom's car flipped over Brian's and I was in shocked. There was nothing I could do.

"Oh my god!" Brian stopped he car and I jumped out. We both ran over to the car. Dom's head was bloody and he was taking short, quick breaths. "Dom look at me," I said quietly. He glanced up.

"That's not what I had in mind," his deep voice, raspy and strained. As he got out the car, he wasn't moving his left arm. I looked up at him and we all heard the sirens.

"Dom, it's gonna be okay." I said, softly. He wouldn't look at me. My eyes met Brian's and I silently pleaded for him to help Dom. Brian stared at Dom and put his hand in his pocket. His car keys were in his hand, held out for Dominic to take them.

At first, Dom didn't grab them. He just looked then he took them with his right hand. He looked at me and for the first time, I believed that he loved me.

"Now what you doing?" Dom asked Brian.

"I owe you a ten second car," I felt tears in my eyes. It was mainly joy, that Brian really did care for this family. But it was also sadness, because Dom was gonna leave and hide. Dom nodded to Brian and looked me again. This time, he bent down slowly, trying not to hurt himself.

He kissed me. Dominic Toretto was kissing me, Bethany Anderson. This was all I wanted for years and I only get it because he is leaving. "I love you, Dom." I couldn't look at him because tears were falling now.

"I love you too," with that, he walked away, to Brian's car and drove off, not looking back. Brian and I just watched him and turned back towards the sirens.

"Now what do we do?" I looked up at him and he didn't say anything. So we just walked down the road waiting for the cops.

Whoa guys! I just finished the first movie! Should I just finish this here? Or include other movies? Comment!