Chapter 29

Bethany

Living with Mia was just as I had imagined. I had gone back to Harry's and got a job working there. It was an alright pay and an easy job to get back. Racer's Edge was still a pretty hot spot since L.A. was still filled with racing and racers. Plus the guy's around here either knew me, or wanted to know me when they had walked through the doors. I was the first one they saw and it gave Harry's a pretty good impression.

Mia still had her 1994 Integra GS-R from a few years ago. She didn't really drive it anywhere except the store or small trips to town. Since I had told her that I was buying a car soon, she wanted me to know how to drive. Yes, it wasn't the fastest or the newest car, but it was a great car to start in. I had always wanted to be a little more advance in my driving skills since I had seen Dom and Brian drive.

The chores around the house were easy enough. Do the dishes, clean the bathroom, mow the grass. Spring cleaning was always fun because Mia and I would turn up some music and make sure we could hear it all around the house. We had started in the living room, working our way out to the kitchen, the backyard and the garage. The garage wasn't really something we cleaned, we just organized a bit, not wanting to disturb anything that Dom had started two years ago.

Then we went upstairs, picking up our rooms and the bathrooms. Dom's room was not touched at all. Mia and I stood at the door, not wanting to walk in. We both had missed him to death and we didn't really talk about him to each other. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I would get up to get a glass of water and when I walked past his room, I just stopped and thought about what would've happened if I had gone with him.

Maybe a year and a half after I had moved in, Brian came back. I only knew this because I would see him in town sometimes. Every once in a while, I had seen him in his FBI suit when he was driving and I had passed by on the way to work. Sometimes when I had gone out to check the mail, his car would pass and I turned around before he would see me. I mean it was pretty much the only place I could go, so it was obvious that he would look here first. If he was even looking for me, that is.

Then about two months after that, Letty showed up at the front door. I had been making dinner for Mia and I, somebody knocked on the door. So when I opened it, I wasn't the only one surprised. She glared at me, but then her face softened when I had greeted her politely.

"You wanna come in and have a beer?" I opened the door wider and offered to carry one of her bags. "This is the same way I showed up to Mia, but I'm not gonna yell at you like she did to me," I laughed a little bit. She walked in and looked around a bit.

"Is Dom here?" Her voice cracked a little and i frowned. I would've thought she knew where he was.

"Uh, no actually. I haven't seen him in almost four years," She dropped her bags in the living room and sat down at the kitchen table. Her hair was longer and she was more tan. I picked up a Corona out of the fridge and handed it to her. "Where were you guys before you lost him?"

"The Dominic Republic. We met some guys; Tego, Han, and Rico. They helped us raid gas trucks, and then sell it. Gas down there is like gold and diamonds here. But one night, Dom tried to say it was too dangerous, but I said that we were ride or die. He left after i fell asleep that night, leaving me money and this," She pulled his necklace out of her shirt. "I was hoping maybe somehow he made his way here, even though he is a wanted criminal, but this was the only place i thought he would come. I have to find him," I nodded, listening to her. They were in love, and i can't believe that i really thought Dominic loved me. It's always been her.

"Well, maybe you could go to Brian. He is back in town and he works for the FBI now. You could ask him for help, I mean he might ask you for something in return. It's the only thing i can think of." I shrugged and continued cooking the burgers for Mia and I. "Oh, do you want a burger?" She nodded, taking a sip of her beer. I took some more hamburger meat and balled it up, then mushed it into a patty, dropping it on the pan.

"I think i might head down to the station later to talk to Brian. Thanks for the idea, Beth." I shrugged.

"Trust me, it's no problem. I want to find Dom, too. But you guys are meant to be. I don't want to split you guys apart again. I just really care for him, and i hope you can accept it. I wont try to get in the way," I explained, flipping the burgers.

"Thanks, Beth. I know how much he means to you. When we were younger, you always told me about how hot he was and how great his muscles were, and how nice he was when you were at the house, playing with Mia. I didn't really notice all of those things until after you told me, and then I started feeling something for him. When you left, i thought it was the perfect time to act on my feelings. It turned out that he returned them," She talked about him like he was her world, and i know she didn't act like this all the time. "I'm the one that should be sorry."

I just stood there, not saying anything, putting the burgers on the buns. "I'm sorry, too. Now that we both have admitted it, we should eat and then I'll drive you to see Brian," I walked over with two plates in my hand and sat across from her at the table. "I'll leave Mia a note saying that you are here and where we are." I took a bite out of my beer and saw Letty do the same. This was just like old times, when Letty and I actually got along and always had dinner together.

I'M SO READY TO START THE MOVIE AND THEN BRIAN WILL BE BACK AND DOM AND I'M SO SORRY FOR MAKING YOU ALL WAIT THIS LONG FOR DOM TO COME BACK!