Chapter 4

Bethany

The fact that it's only been a week since I was at the Toretto house, is upsetting. I feel like I haven't seen them in over a month. Not being with them, just shows me how boring my life is without them. My dad is never home and when he is, he is sleeping or doing something where I can't spend time with him.

In this past week, I've spoke to Brian and managed to get a job at Harry's. Yeah I knew about cars but it was the computers that Harry let me use. Brian knew more about cars than I did so he did the dirty work. I wasn't afraid of getting my hands dirty but I definitely didn't have a clue where anything went.

"Hey Beth!" Brian says, pulling a shirt over his head as he walks out of the room that Harry lets him use.

"Aye Spilner! What's the plan for today?" I told him typing in a few orders that Harry got last night after I left work.

"Um, might go through the inventory for you to order some stuff and then go see Mia and get a tuna sandwich." I shook my hand at the guy in front of me. He knew the tuna was shit but still pushed to go see Mia.

"Oh okay. Sounds good," I said with a slight smile. I missed her. I hadn't really spend much time with her before I left but I remember all of our good memories.

"You wanna um come with?" He offered. I shrugged, picking at my fingernails which didn't even have nail polish on them. He put his hands on the counter in front of me, "you know you can't stay away forever," his blue eyes were piercing into mine. I sighed and threw my head back.

"You know what? You're so annoying," I pushed his shoulder before laughing. "I guess it wouldn't be bad. But you have to do inventory fast so I can send the orders and get off," I pointed at him.

"Why don't you just help me? Then I'll read it off to you as you type?" This boy had great ideas.

"When did you get so smart?" I teased him and he shot me a cheeky smile.

"I've always been this smart," I scoffed at him. "What?" He asked confused at my actions.

"Don't lie about your intelligence. You know you've gotten smarter since you met me," I hopped over the counter and followed B into the storage, garage thing.

"Don't be so arrogant, Anderson," he shot back at me, slipping a pad of note paper out of his pocket. "Damn, I lost my pen," he said, patting his shirt and pants pockets.

"Here," I handed him the led pencil I had that was on the front of my shirt, but hooked on my bra. He gave me a look and I rolled my eyes before pulling the pen out of my shirt. "Why can't you use a pencil so you don't scribble over the whole paper?"

"Because," he counted the tires that we had and wrote something before counting again.

"'Because' isn't an answer," I told him, "and just let me write down the stuff," snatching the pad and pen out of his hand. "I bet my hand writing is neater than yours." I wrote down whatever he told me.

.
.
.
.

I typed the last thing Brian read aloud to me and sent the order to wherever Harry gets this stuff. I logged off and turn off the computer before turning to B.

"Teamwork definitely made my life easier," I told him, my chin resting in the palm of my right hand. I was looking up at him and looked down at me.

"Mine too. My hand gets cramped from writing so much." Climbing over the counter, I stumble off and into B.

"Sorry, I definitely thought I had good balance," he snorted and laughed obnoxiously.

"Obviously not," I pouted at him then smiled, "but let's go see Mia." My smile fell. "C'mon, you know Dom doesn't come out of his office. You won't see him," I shrugged and jumped on his back.