Chapter 20

Bethany

The boys arranged to race with two guys that were driving for Verome. It was pretty late and the guys were racing for slips. Tej, Suki, and Jimmy all came out too.

As soon as two cars pulled in, I instantly recognized the American Muscle aspect of them. Dom always talked about how American Muscle was always better than import. Man I miss him.

"Yeah, here they come," Tej said and all six of us stared. I have to say, Rome looked absolutely ridiculous with that hat on.

Brian and Roman walked up to the competition that I never cared the names of. Actually I never actually take time to remember names... Anyways, the two other guys had girls hanging off of them.

"Fonzie and Fabio. Glad you could join us," Rome is full of sarcasm.

"We heard you boys wanted to get rid of those crackerjack toys," One of the guys said.

"Nah, actually we just thought that those cars you got deserve better drivers, which is why we're gonna take 'em off your hands," Brian casually came back.

"Why don't we settle this now?" The same guy asked, his girl having to pull him back and Tej stepped up.

"Wait, why don't we settle this on the blacktop? Each car does it down and back, tag team style. Slips," Tej is kinda like the actual adult in our little group.

"Loser walks home," Suki added, crossing her arms and standing behind Tej.

"We came to race," the other guy finally spoke up. Jimmy and I just stood in the back, watching this all go down. The guys that were racing, went to their cars and everyone else walked over to Jimmy and I. This was where we would be 'cheerleaders'.

Rome and I think Fabio, well at least that's what Roman calls him, drove up to the starting line. Brian and the other guy sat at a different line. The was explaining rules, that I didn't pay attention to, because well, i have a short attention span.

The cars revved, bringing my attention back, and Suki yelled, cheering on Rome. So, that's what started all of us yelling. And Roman opening his fat mouth, talking shit.

Tej was about to start the race, but Suki walked up and did it. We all cheered for Rome, except the two girls that came with 'Fabio and Fonzie'. I couldn't either of them anymore, so I stopped cheering, waiting for there to be sight of them.

The orange car showed up in my vision and I threw my head back. "Damn Rome." I walked up closer to the street and looked for Roman. By the time the orange car crossed the line, and the blue one started driving, I could barely see Rome's purple car.

"I don't know," Tej said, starting to doubt if we would win. It was all up to Brian now, and I believed in him.

"You got this, B!" I screamed to him and he looked a bit nervous. Rome crossed the line and Brian drove, zoomed down the road.

"Shit," Rome walked over to us. I smacked him in the back of the head.

"You dumbass. You don't talk shit before the race, only after." I shook my head at him. "Plus, you never underestimate American Muscle." I told him and he stayed silent. Which was weird, because Rome just talks and talk and talks. "Brian's got this though," I said, reassuring everyone.

"Cmon Brian, bring it home man!" Rome yelled, staring down the road.

"Let's go Brian!" Jimmy shouted.

The two cars were neck and neck. I was beyond excited that Brian had caught up to that punk. I was jumping up and down, looking at Rome every once in a while.

He had a frown on his face since he lost, but occasionally a smile would be there, as he saw Brian.

Everyone was right at the road, trying to see who won. And of course, it was Brian! "Yay!" I shouted and jumped on Roman. He spun me around in circles, as everyone cheered. After he put me down, he starts fist bumping everybody.

"That's all my mouth," I rolled my eyes at his stupid victory words. "Y'all ain't ready homeboy, get the walking Fabio," Rome said to them. We got the keys and drove off, leaving the four of them in the middle of the road.

So I updated... AND ITS FIRDAY!!!!