1.

This is the first time I've written any thing hockey related but I've wanted to for awhile lol if you love the oilers you'll love this, expect a ton of cameos from different teams as well uh anyways enjoy and share your thoughts!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About

Scarlett hyman
26
Hockey player
From: Toronto, Ontario
Lives: Edmonton, Alberta
3 older brothers (Oliver, Spencer and zach)
Friends with: her teammates, half the oilers, Auston Matthew's and mitch marner
___________

"Scar are you coming?!? We're gonna be late for practice" jules shouts from the apartment door. "Yeah I couldn't find my socks" I answer carrying my hockey bag out of my room. "Did you? Because wearing skates without socks is both gross and could hurt your feet" she asks.

I laugh and nod "yeah they were barried under the skates" I answer. "Good, let's go captain" she says smirking. "I don't get how I'm captain and you're not" I say honestly.

She shakes her head "you're good at being a leader on the ice and off the ice, I'm only good at on the ice" she replies locking our door. I sigh and shake my head "not really" I reply. "Shut up and accept it" she tells me. "Fine" I grumble.

We get downstairs and I finally check my phone once were in the car and she's driving downtown to Roger's place.

Zach: are you coming to the game tonight? Lauren asked connor

I go to every game of his except if I'm playing or have a late practice luckily tonight I can go. "What's your brother want?" She asks. "He wants to know if we're coming to the game" I answer. "Hell yeah we are" she says.

She comes to them with me and has since he was traded to edmonton. I've been here since college, I played for the UofA womens team and now I'm playing for the northern alberta female hockey association since I graduated a couple years ago.

To zach: we sure are! Want me to come early to give the boys a pep talk?

I put my phone down and realize that we're pulling up to the arena. "Hell yeah" I whisper excitedly. She parks and we get our then grab our bags and she pays for parking. Since tonight's a game night it's more which I guess is fine.

We get to the slide door and it opens a few seconds later. "Locker rooms 2 and 4" the girl tells us. "Thank you" we both thank her before going down the hall.

Most of our teammates are tieing up their skates when we get in so we hurry up and get ready.

The hour long practice goes by quickly, they all get off the ice while I skate around for a few minutes shooting the puck. "I'll meet you outside!" Jules shouts from the bench. "Okay!" I shout back before shooting the puck into the net.

I end up spending longer on the ice than expected because as I'm about to hit the puck again there's a sound from the bench. My head shoots in that direction and there stands leon draisaitl in his hockey gear. "Nice stick grip" he comments.

"Thanks I guess" I reply skating towards the bench. "Hi, I'm leon" he says holding his hand out. "I know" I reply looking between his hand and face. "Oh" he chuckles and scratches the back of his neck. "I'm scarlett" I tell him. "How long have you been playing?" He asks watching me sit on the bench and scrape the ice off of my skates.

Does he know my brother is his teammate? Probably not this should be fun. "Practically my whole life, my brothers play and when my oldest one was drafted it motivated me" I answer taking the skates off.

He sits down beside me "yeah? That sounds cool" he replies. "Yeah uh I should get going my roommates waiting for me" I say standing up. "Ok uh it was nice meeting you" he says standing up too.

I look up at him connecting our eyes "yeah you too, bye leon" I reply walking passed him and into the locker room. I change as fast as I can and start making my way out.

As I turn the corner I almost crash into another body "woah little sis slow down" zack says stopping me from falling. "Oh hey didnt think I'd see you until later" I say stopping. "Yeah a few of us thought it would be a good idea to practice before the game tonight" he says.

"That's awesome uh I'll see you tonight" I reply. He nods and i start walking out, I hear the puck hit the side of the rink and I look up. Leon starts waving and smiles, I laugh and wave back at him before leaving out the front door.

Jules sighs when I get in "finally" she says. "Sorry i got distracted" i reply. "By?" She asks. "By a cute German man" i answer. She gasps and turns "leon?" She asks. I nod guilty "yeah, he was on the bench when I was finishing up, I don't think he knows that zach is my brother" I answer.

She shakes her head and scolds me for a few minutes before pulling out and driving us back home. "You've gotta tell him" she says. "Why not just let him figure it out when I show up in my hyman jersey?" I question. "Because that's mean" she answers.

We get home and I spend an hour showering and prepping myself for the hockey game tonight, we're going to be in the wags box tonight since Lauren's coming. I put my hair half up and half down with beach waves then while standing in my closet I check the temperature.

9°c

Not too bad. I grab a pair of Jean's and put them on then I put on a tank top then my navy blue hyman jersey. I think no matter where he plays I'll cheer for him and have his jersey. I still have his maple leafs jersey. "What time are we leaving?" Jules asks from my bed room door frame. "Games at 7 and they usually get there at 6 so we'll get there for 6:30" I answer.

Which means we have an hour to do whatever. "Wanna go get food?" I ask. "Sure why not" she shrugs. I nod and we grab everything we need before leaving. On the way down we figure out where we're going to eat. "Invite zach" she suggests. "Ok" I reply before texting zach.

To zach: meet jules and I at Joey's by the arena bring some of the guys if you want

"There I invited him" I say putting my phone down. "Good" she says simply while driving us downtown. We park where we usually would for a game and walk to the restaurant.

My phone buzzes in my hand.

Zach: already here with some of them

"They're here already" I say showing her the text. She nods and starts walking in trying to find my brother which isnt hard to do.

We get to the table and I look at everyone that's here. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, connor McDavid and lauren. Then suddenly I hear leon. "Scarlett?" Leon questions.
_________________________________________

Oh shit! Hope you enjoyed share your thoughts!
Comment
Vote
Follow me
Enjoy