53.

Enjoy
_________

I sit against the wall and let out a sigh "this sucks" I whisper to myself then flush the toilet. Bowie comes walking in from the bedroom and sits infront of my with his head on my lap. "Hi baby" I whisper petting him.

The front door opens and closes a few minutes later "babe? Where are you?" Leon shouts. Oh thank god. "Upstairs!" I shout back standing up. He comes upstairs "how are you?" He asks hugging me. "The morning sickness is not just in the morning" I tell him.

He frowns and kisses my forehead "you'll be okay, how was it when I was on the road?" He asks. "Pretty bad but I was able to hide it when the girls came they also didn't question me when I didn't drink" I answer. "It'll go away" he says.

We go downstairs and lay on the couch with the dogs glued to my side. "I've got the doctors appointment in the morning to see how far along I am, I'm guessing 4-6 weeks" I tell him. "Oh that's exciting" he smiles resting his hand on my stomach. I smile happily "it'll be worth it" I whisper.

"I'm so excited to see your bump grow" he whispers. "You're so sweet" I whisper back. My phone buzzes and I take a look.

Jules: you get your period? I got mine

How do i lie? Keeping this a secret is going to be so so difficult especially with playoffs coming up in the next couple weeks they'll know somethings up.

It's been 2 weeks since we found out that I'm pregnant and the day after is when all of the other symptoms started. I can smell anything from blocks away and I've thrown up so much it's like I have food poisoning.

To jules: yup the cramps suck!

Leon chuckles "you're such a liar" he says. "I don't wanna tell them until training starts" I reply. "That's fair" he says. I rest my head on his shoulder "we can go to germany this summer if you want" I tell him. "Wait, really?" He asks. "Yeah, i wanna tell my future in laws in person" I answer.

He kisses my head gently "sounds good to me" he whispers. "We can tell your parents in person too" he says. "That would be nice" I reply. "Once playoffs are done and summer starts we'll go" he says kissing my cheek.

For the rest of the day we cuddle on the couch and leon rests his head on my stomach listening to the tiny tiny baby growing in there.

________

"So you're pregnant?" My doctor asks. "Yes, 2 weeks ago I took a test and it came out positive" I answer. She nods "okay I'm going to use the ultra sound machine to confirm" she says pulling it out.

She adds gel onto my stomach and moves the doppler over my stomach. "You sure are, about 6 weeks" she says. "I figured" I reply. "You were playing hockey pregnant" leon says. "And you didn't get hit at all?" The doctor asks. "Nope I was careful" i answer.

The appointment goes on and she gives me some information, mostly what I can and can't eat and things I should avoid doing. One of the things on the list was playing sports, too late. Thankfully everything was okay and she booked an appointment for 2 weeks from now. After the first trimester she'll see me once a month until I have to give birth, unless something happens.

Leon has a practice and I don't want to be at home bored and alone I come along with him. "It's not an open practice so you'll probably just be on the bench I'm sure jay and the other coaches won't care" he says as we're going to the locker room.

Most of the guys are already dresses when we walk in. "Scarletts here look decent!" Leon tells them. "Hey sis" zach says side hugging me already in his gear. "Hey" I reply quietly. "You ok?" He asks. "Yeah I've got a stomach bug of some sort" I answer. "But you'll be ok?" He asks. "Yeah I'll be good" I answer.

Jay comes in when they're all done and he looks around then stops when he sees me. "Hyman jr. What's up?" He asks. "Just came to watch I won't be a distraction" I answer. "No that's ok, you up to putting on some skates?" He asks.

"She's not feeling too well, maybe another time" leon says. "Gotcha well hope you feel better" he says with a slight smile. "Thanks" I reply. They start walking out to the ice and I follow behind leon.

They all get on the ice and started the practice, I sit back on the bench going through my phone and even looking at nursery inspiration on line. "Whatcha lookin at?" Zach asks sitting beside me and looking at my phone. Fuck fuck fuck.

I nervously close my phone "uh nothin" I answer. "Uh huh I thought I saw a nursery" he says with a slight smirk. "Fuck, ok you can not say anything to ANYONE not even alannah" I say pointing at him. He holds out his pinky "pinky promise" he says. "I'm 6 weeks" I whisper.

His eyes brighten "really?" He asks. I nod nervously biting my lip "y-yeah" I stutter out feeling a happy tear roll down my cheek. "I'm gonna be an uncle" he whispers. "You told him?" Leon asks. "He kinda saw me looking at nursery inspiration" I answer quietly. "I kinda put it together when leon said no to you getting on the ice with us" he says smirking.

Well that makes sense too. Jay probably did too. I'm just hoping nothing happens before we announce it to our families. I'm just glad zach knows so leon has someone to talk to about having a pregnant life partner while they're on the road.

Now I'm one of 5 or 6 that are pregnant, I think Stuart's wife is pretty close to giving birth and so is breanne and alannahs getting there too. By time we announce it to everyone else there will already be a couple babies.

Maybe we can get some practice in and let zach and alannah have a date night. I'm sure leon wouldn't be opposed to it. "I don't want her to risk anything" leon says. "That makes sense i was like that with alannah when she was pregnant with theo" zach says.

Jay comes over while we're talking about me being pregnant and he smiles "I knew it, you're glowing a ton and leo here didn't want you on the ice, normally he'd be all for it" he says. "That's what I said" zach says. "You happy to be an uncle again?" Jay asks him. "Oh yeah, and Leon's apart of the dads club" he answers.

Leon smiles looking at me "I am" he says. I stand up and lean up pecking his lips "best looking dad" I whisper just so he could hear. "You know it" leon says smirking and winking at me. "Gross I don't wanna know" zach says skating off. "I better get out there" leon says. I nod "yeah get back out there" I reply. He pecks my lips and then skates back out there.

The rest of the practice goes by without anyone else finding out that I'm pregnant. On the way home we stop to get me nuggets from McDonald's because that is all I'm craving.

A few games go by without anyone figuring out that I'm pregnant, they just think I'm not drinking because they think we're still trying for a baby. Now it's the first week of playoffs, I'm about 7 weeks now and still feeling terrible.

Leon has been so amazing throughout this so far and I'm so thankful that he's my partner and I'm excited to spend the rest of our lives together.

___________________________

Did not think I'd be getting this up, hoping I'll be able to get a chapter or 2 up tomorrow uh hope ya enjoyed

Vote
Comment
Follow me