26.

Enjoy
~~~~~~~~

Instead of my alarm waking me up this morning jules did with half of our team. Our coach called for an emergency team breakfast, not sure why but we're on our way over to the arena now, gabi and melissa sitting behind me.

"So he didn't tell you what this is about?" I ask jules. "Nope" she answers simply while staring out the window. Mmm weird. I check my phone and there's nothing but a couple missed calls from him and a couple texts from leon. Super weird.

We get to the arena and he's waiting inside the community rink. "Come with me" he instructs. We all follow him and I hear whispers amongst the girls behind me. "What do you think is going on?" Melissa quietly asks me. I shrug "no idea" i answer.

After going through the arena we get to a room and he stops. "Today we are having a team breakfast with the oilers" he starts. The other girls gasp, gabi and jules clap excitedly and I sigh checking Leon's texts again.

Leon: see ya today
Leon: flowers are being delivered later than usual

Have i mentioned he hasn't stopped getting flowers delivered? We agreed to be friends almost a week ago, the kitchen island has half of them on them and the rest around throughout the apartment.

I had to get more vases a couple days into him sending the flowers over. Each one has their own note too. I haven't stopped loving him and I know he still loves me, I'm just scared.

Each player has an empty seat next to them when we go in there. "Sit wherever but choose wisely" coach tells us. Immediately someone chooses my brother so I go sit with leon. "Hey" he greets with a smile. "Hey" I reply looking into his eyes.

Both teams coaches standing at the front "I know most of you know a few of the girls here but let's do an introduction anyways" our coach starts.

Groans fill the room and he chuckles "I know you hate it but you've gotta, captain start it off" he says. I sigh standing up "I'm scarlett Hyman as you all know uh I've been the captain for a couple seasons now" I say quickly before sitting back down.

I feel leon elbow me gently and I look at him while jules is introducing herself. She sat with jesse of course. "You did good" he whispers. "Thanks leo" I whisper back.

After my team introduces themselves the oilers introduce themselves as well. Connor then leon then so on. Once they're done we actually have breakfast and many conversations are going on.

"Okay! Now we're gonna go over to the locker rooms, ladies you'll get the pleasure of using the Oilers locker room" woofcroft tells us. "Sweeet" many of them say at the same time. "Has it at least been cleaned? I've smelt these guys after a game and they smell bad" I ask standing up.

They all laugh and jay pats my shoulder "it sure has hyman jr" he answers. "Thank god" I reply. We all make our way over to the locker room "your names are above" our coach tells us when we enter.

Mines my brothers usual spot. The others are spread out randomly. We change into gear and then meet the guys out on the ice. "We're gonna split into teams and then play a game" Woodcroft starts.

"Zach, scarlett you're the captain's" my coach tells us. Perfect. "Scarlett you go first" jay tells me. I nod and look through out them, melissa and jules mouthing 'me'. "Connor" I say. Connor smirks and skates over to me.