31.

ENJOY
______________

May 21st

I feel lips leave a small kiss on the tip of my nose "wake up I've made you breakfast" leon whispers. I slowly open my eyes and Leon's standing with a tray "happy birthday!" He cheers. "Awe baby thank you" I gush.

The last few weeks have been absolutely insane. I'm healing my ankle as best as I can, unfortunately my team didn't make it into the second round but the oilers are going strong against the flames.

Much like last year it's battle of alberta. They should be able to do it two years in a row.

He kisses the top of my head after putting the tray on my lap. A 2 and a 7 candle in the pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles. "This is cute thank you babe" I say pecking his lips.

"Its your day babe" he whispers before kissing the top of my head. I take a quick pic for Instagram before digging in. While Leon's laying next to me and I'm eating jules comes in with balloons.

She puts them by the window and then turns "so I got you a ton of gifts" she starts. "Oh?" I question. She nods "they're all out there so you can open them whenever you want" she says. "Thank you" I reply as she walks out.

Right after I finish eating leon takes the tray out to the kitchen then I change into Jean shorts and one of my oilers shirts since it is may.

Hockey during the summer seems unheard of but here we are, the second year in a row being deep into the playoffs. Although in 2020 Edmonton and toronto hosted the playoff bubbles during the summer.

Leon helps me out of my room and theres piles of presents and a few new bouquets of flowers. All the flowers that he bought while we were broken up died but I'm keeping the dried peddles for our special day.

"This is great thank you guys" I say looking at the three of them. I sit on the couch and one by one they bring me presents and I open them. "Okay I'll leave the rest for tonight" I say.

They nod "sounds good, I've got practice in a little bit so I'll be back in a couple hours to commence the rest of your day" leon says. I laugh "thank you babe this is more than I wanted" I reply.

We share a couple quick kisses before him and jesse leave for practice. "How are you feeling?" Jules asks sitting next to me. "Good, my ankles doing a bit better and I couldn't be happier with leon" I answer smiling. "Good! So what shall we do while they're gone?" She asks.

I immediately put on greys anatomy and she goes over to the kitchen grabbing snacks and a couple watermelon red bulls. It's my new addiction.

A few episodes later leon, jesse, oscar, gabi, zach and alannah plus my nephews come walking in. "Happy birthday!" They all say at the same time. "Awe you guys!" I say pouting. Theo comes running towards me and I pick him up "hey kiddo, hows aunties favourite boy?" I ask. "Hey what about me?" Leon asks.

Theo laughs "I'm good!" He says. Gosh he has grown so much it's crazy. "You're lucky you're cute theo" leon says sitting next to us. "I know" he giggles. He leaves my lap a couple minutes later and my brother hands me a big box.

Oh yay more gifts.

"What did you get me?" I ask while opening it. "You'll see" he says. I finish opening it and it's the new reverse retro jersery, and of course hyman is on the back. "Woah this is so cool" I say looking at it. "How many jerseys do you have now?" Alannah asks.