24.

Share your thoughts and enjoy
~~~~~~~

The following day

My alarm wakes me and I wipe my face checking the time. 9:30am. We don't have practice today but we do have a game tonight, 6:30pm puck drop.

Right as I'm about to start making coffee the buzzer goes off. Weird. I go over and hit speak "who is this?" I ask. "Deliver for scarlett" he replies. "Ok come up I guess" I reply confused.

A few minutes later theres a knock on the door and I open it, the delivery guy holding a massive bouquet of flowers. "These are for you" he says handing them over. "Oh uh thanks" I say taking them.

He nods and then walks away. I go back into the apartment looking at the flowers, all purple but a mix of different flowers. "Awe those are beautiful, who sent them?" Jules asks. I shrug and look for a note then I find one.

My love for you will never fade, L

"It was leon" I answer biting the inside of my lip. "What did it say?" she asks. I show her and she smiles "dude just give in and take him back already" she says.

I sigh and put the flowers in a vase leaving them on a counter "I think we need time apart" I tell her. "Does that mean you'd be willing to hear him out and take him back?" She asks looking hopeful. I shrug "maybe" I answer.

After having breakfast and a few cups of coffee we put on greys anatomy then lunch comes up and then 3pm comes up so we both have our pre-game naps.

By 5pm we're at the arena getting ready and at 6 we're doing warmups. I look into the stands and sitting there is zach, alannah and my two nephews, connor and lauren, jesse, oscar, kailer, richelle and who I'm assuming is leon. He's wearing a hat and sunglasses but I know its him.

We go back into the locker room after warm up and I check my phone.

Zach: couldn't stop him from coming tonight, sorry kinda

I laugh and reply

To zach: it's fine I guess

We go back out and I start off with the face off. I win it and shoot it over to gabi, the 5 of us skate up to the other side and pass it between each other then I shoot it right into the back of the net. The girls and I come together in a group hug "let's gooo!" Jules shouts excitedly.

After fist bumping the rest of the team on the bench we sit down and the lines change. I look into the stands and catch leon looking over at me. "He's looking at you" jules whispers. "I know" I reply. He looks down at his fiddling hands and I frown "he looks sad" i say quietly.

She nods in agreement "you can tell he misses you scar" she says. I nod and sigh "I know" I reply as we're getting back on the ice.

The first period ends with us leading 3-0.

During the second the other team scores once and jules scores making it 4-1 as we go into the third and final period.

We end up winning 6-3.

After changing and getting our stuff to go we walk out meeting everyone outside like usual. Leon standing there quietly, I hug everyone then look at leon. "Thanks for coming" I say standing infront of him.

He looks up and meets my eyes "I've missed watching you play live" he replies. The twinkle in his eyes coming back for a few seconds "I appreciate it" I say honestly. He nods and looks down at his feet "of course" he whispers.

Jules changes subjects and then we all split up, leon going with the other guys. After I'm in the back seat I watch leon walk away then look down at my lap, a tear dropping on my phone screen.

______

The following week goes by insanely fast, we each had a couple games. Oilers won them both and my team lost one. But that's ok we can't win them all. Leon's continued to send a bouquet of flowers.

Earlier this morning jules convinced me to to go out with everyone. I'm not sure who's going but I guess I'm going. Currently I am getting ready. My first time going out since the breakup, this should be interesting.

While bejeweled plays loudly in my bathroom I start doing beach waves. Jules comes in while I'm finishing up and she hands me a shot glass. "Here tequila" she says. I take it down in one and smile "my favourite taste" I say happily.

She laughs and then leaves after taking the glass from me. I finish my hair then quickly doing a natural makeup look then I look through my closet. Most of the dresses I've worn on dates with leon but that doesn't stop me from wearing the black dress with a slit.

I take a few mirror selfies before leaving my room and then we leave our apartment. Jesse being the designated driver for us tonight.

Cameron's at the front when we get there and he let's us in right away. "Lauren and connor are already here!" Jules tells me. "Okay I wanna do shots first" I say dragging her over to the bar.

After doing a couple shots we make our way to the booth in the back where everyone else is. While walking I'm also dancing and looking around.

Right as we get there I look at the booth seeing all of my friends.... and leon. But not just alone, a girl on each knee. Ouch. I ignore it and sit with the girls trying to have the best night.

Just a few songs and a few shots later the girls and I are dancing our way towards the dance floor. We eventually seperate and they dance with their boyfriends and i dance with random single girls.

I look at the booth area and Leon's watching me dance while one of the girls is all over him. A couple seconds later I feel hands on my hips and a breath on my neck. "You're sexy girl" the guy dancing behind me whispers.

Gross.

While trying not to feel grossed out and make leon jealous I continue dancing. Not even a full minute later the guys being pulled away. "Dude what's your problem?" The random guy asks. "You, you are my problem" leon answers.

"Oh for fucksakes leon, we arent together anymore!" I shout at him before walking over to the bar. Zach and alannah following me "are you good?" Zach asks. "I'm fine brother of mine" I answer taking a shot down.

He shakes his head "you don't seem fine" he says. I turn towards him and raise my eyebrows "and what makes you say that?" I ask crossing my arms. "You're drinking more than usual and you're dancing with random ass dudes, this isn't you" he says.

I sigh "I'm single just trying to live my life" I reply walking back over to the booth. For the rest of the night i don't see leon and I get drunker than I should have because right as I'm about to fall asleep I text leon.

To leon: I still love you

_______________________________

Oop lol share your thoughts and predictions

Vote
Comment
Follow me