42.

Enjoy this filler chapter
_________

"Cari try holding your stick differently, I noticed you're sliding when you shoot" I say. She adjusts her hands and then shoots the puck "you're right, thanks cap" she replies. "Its what I'm here for, if you need help with anything else let me know" I tell her before skating off to help harper who was injured the game after i was.

Unfortunately for harper hers was her knee and it was much worse so she's just now skating. "Hows your knee?" I ask stopping next to her. "Better than last week" she answers. "Would you be ready for the game tomorrow?" I ask.

She nods "yeah I think so" she answers. "Good, we need ya" I tell her. "Thanks cap" she says. For a few minutes I help her with her slap shots and her passing before we start a short scrimmage game.

Right after it ends coach has us do a few laps and then gives us his regular speech in the locker room before leaving. "What's everyone doing tonight?" Gabi asks looking around. There's no games tonight so we are free to do whatever we want. "I think Jesse's taking me on a date" jules answers.

What she doesn't know is that jesse is proposing tonight. They've been together a little less than leon and I have been together. A couple days ago jesse showed me the ring and it's perfect.

Yesterday I convinced her to get her nails redone and she hasn't questioned it and isn't suspicious at all.

"Sounds fun, I think Leon's got something planned tonight too" I answer. Gabi looks at melissa and the other girls "wanna go out?" She asks. "I'm sure kailer would be down" melissa answers. "Yes!" Nessa and Harper answer at the same time.

They look at each other then smile "jinx" nessa says. "You're lucky I love you" Harper replies. Cute. I'm glad they're still together.

After I finish changing then leave the locker room. Leon waiting outside for me "how was practice? Your ankle still good?" He asks. "It was good and yes my ankle is good" I answer leaning up and pecking his lips.

He grasps my hand as we start walking towards the car and I swing our arms between us. "So what are we doing for date night?" I ask. "I have two very going options" he answers. I giggle "ok? What are they?" I ask. "1. We stay in and make homemade pizza and watch movies all night, 2. We dress up and go to a fancy restaurant" he answers.

Well then those are two great options. "Mmm fancy restaurant, can we do homemade pizza next week?" I ask. He nods "yeah of course" he answers.

I lean up and kiss his cheek "that's why I love you" I whisper. He rests a hand on my lower back "I love you too" he whispers back. I peck his lips gently before getting into the car.

A few hours later we're changing and getting ready for our date. "Bring flats too" leon says as I leave the closet carrying my heels. "Oh okay" I say going back into the closet and finding a pair of flats.

Before going out to the car we let bowie out so he can run around the yard and I make sure I've got everything in my purse then put my heels on. I'm 5'5 without them and 5'8 with them but I'm still not as tall as Leon who is 6'2.

"Ready babe?" Leon asks as bowie comes running inside. "Yeah I think I've got everything" I answer. He nods and gives bowie some treats then we leave for the restaurant.