46.

Writing at work once again lol enjoy!

________________

Mid-November

"Hyman over here!" Cari shouts from the other side. I look over at her and there's nobody by her so I shoot it over to her and she manages to get her first goal. We all skate over to her in a huddle "LETS GO!" I shout resting my head on the top of her head and moving it around.

After our mini celebration we skate over to the bench and fist bump the girls on the bench before switching lines. Coach switched up the lines for this game to see how the new girls play with me.

So far pretty good. We're winning 3-0 in the second period with 4 minutes left. Melissa got the opening goal and I got the second. "Good job hyman" coach says. I give him a fist bump "thanks coach" I reply.

The second period comes to an end and we go back to the locker room. "Good job ladies" coach says. He starts talking about different plays and I quickly look at my phone.

Leon: doing amazing! Wish I was there

Unfortunately Leon's on the road so he's not here tonight but the videographer for the team is live streaming it like always. The wives and girlfriends are in the crowd tonight since the Oilers aren't playing tonight otherwise they'd be at home switching between games.

I sigh putting my phone back after texting him back a thank you and an I miss you. "Let's get back out there and win!" Coach says. We walk out and the fans are cheering in excitement. I know there's people missing but it's still loud.

The third period starts off with the other team scoring and getting themselves on the board. 3-1. That's ok.

A minute later gabi scores assisted by melissa and jules. "Let's go girls!" I shout hitting my stick against the boards. They come over and fist bump everyone then the lines switch up.

Cari, maddie and I go out. All I want right now is to help them grow as players, I'd rather have them score than get the goals myself. I pass it to maddie and she passes to cari who then passes to me and I pass it over to maddie again and she shoots it, the puck hitting the back of the net.

"Let's go!" Cari and I shout at the same time skating over to celebrate with maddie. "Good job" I tell her patting her head. She crunches her nose and smiles "thanks cap" she says. We skate over to the bench giving them fist bumps.

For the rest of the game it seems like the other team gave up because we score three more times before the buzzer goes. 7-1 is the final score. I think we keep getting better if I'm being honest.

We celebrate together before going back to the locker room. "Good job girls! See you tomorrow for practice" coach says before packing his stuff up and leaving. I quickly change and I'm in my own bubble while the girls are talking about going out.

Jules looks over at me "you coming?" She asks. "Nah I think I wanna stay in with darla and bowie" I answer. "Boring! Come out with us" melissa says throwing her glove at me. I throw it back "maybe another night" I reply. "Booooo!" They all say at the same time.

I groan "okay fine! But I'm not staying out all night we've got practice in the morning" I give in. They cheer and we all agree on meeting at my place after changing mainly so I don't flake and stay home.