Chapter 3

New Jersey, USA,
2003.

“He’s awake mom."I got up slightly to see who was speaking. It definitely wasn't a voice I had heard before.

It was a little girl who was almost my age. From her looks, she seemed around six to seven years. She had straight black hair that reached her shoulders. She had a very soft look and seemed like she could not even hurt a fly. She kept smiling at me.

Her mother came to stand by my bedside. Her sense of dressing was simple yet stylish.“I’m glad you’re wake dear."She spoke.

I just stared at her without uttering a word. I didn't know what to say in return.

“Nora, please get him some soup”.
She said to a middle-aged woman who was standing nearby.

She looked like their housekeeper. She had a warm and pleasant aura around her.While the housekeeper went to get the soup, the little girl kept asking me questions.

“What is your name?”

“Where are your parents?”

“So where do you live?”

I didn’t budge. I wouldn’t answer her questions.

“That’s enough Britney!”Her mother scolded her.

She sat down quietly now. The housekeeper entered with a tray. She placed it on my lap when I sat up.

“Drink the soup before it gets cold dear."The girl’s mother said and sat at the edge of the bed.

In a storm of rage, I threw the tray together with the ceramic bowl in which the soup was and the glass of water onto the tiled floor. I stared at the broken ceramic and glassware pieces in the floor and began kicking and yelling on the bed.

“I don’t want to live."

“I want to die!”

I continued screaming and kicking. The woman and the housekeeper tried to calm me down while the little girl clutched her teddy bear close to her chest out of fear.

“Calm down dear." The woman said gently. I persisted.

“Nora, call the nurse downstairs quickly! Hurry!”

Nora rushed out. Within a few seconds, she rushed in with a nurse. I screamed more when I saw the syringe in her hand. I knew what she was going to do. She was going to sedate me.

I yelled, trying to break free from the tight grip of Nora and the little girl’s mother.

Within the twinkle of an eye, the nurse emptied the contents of the syringe container with just a pinch. I soon felt weak to struggle. My eyes felt heavy and soon shut.

                          □□□□□□

Let’s have a fun interaction. Tell me your favourite dessert in the comments section.