Chapter 32

"Are you sure you're ready to meet her?"
Gregory asked. I offered him a slight nod which meant yes.

The truth was that I was battling a range of emotions right now. I didn't know what my reaction would be as soon as I face her.

I lifted up my head as two police officers brought her in,her handcuffed hands behind her as they shove her onto the seat in front of me.

Her face was neutral,absolutely void of emotions as she stared right into my face. There were dark bags under her eyes which seemed like she did not have sleep in many days.

"You're my mother. "I stated flatly and stared at her gauging for her reaction. Her face suddenly went pale and her lips quivered. "Alexander." She uttered out shakily as she was trying to keep her breathing steady.

"How did you know?" She asked. "Hunter told me everything." I responded quickly. I watched her intently as her face held a mixture of pain,disgust,sadness and hatred.

"Don't believe anything he told you." She said. "Including the fact that you killed my father?" I asked bitterly. She looked back at me with widened eyes and a confused expression.

"He's lying to you." She whispered."So do you mind telling me your version of the story too? Afterall everyone's telling me a story."I said sarcastically and let out a bitter laugh. I didn't know who to believe right now.

"I did not kill your father. Believe me. He managed to somehow implicate me."
She said.

"Manage to implicate you? How amazing." I scoffed and shook my head.
She nodded slightly and I could see a look of guilt in her eyes.

"He wanted to kill you when you were just nine. But somehow,I managed to plead for your life. So he just abandoned you in the middle of nowhere."

"And you think all this is not your fault?" I asked her.

"How is it my fault?" She asked.

"If you hadn't married him,all these things wouldn't have happened. Hunter told me everything." I said angrily.

"And you choose to believe a man who wanted to kill you over your own mother?" She asked as a tear slipped down her cheek.

"Gosh! I don’t know what the hell to believe anymore! Can you blame me?" I said and slammed the table hard causing her to flinch at my outburst. I ignored the seering pain that was stinging my palm from the fierce contact with the table's surface.

Gregory squeezed my shoulder in an attempt to calm me down. I had already lost my cool during my encounter with Hunter earlier. He did not want a repetition of that incident.

"I'm sorry Alex. I didn't mean for all these to happen. I didn't have a choice. I had to marry him because he forced me." She said hoarsely.

"Of course you had a choice. You could have gotten help for crying out loud!" I responded.

"Believe me. I didn't have a choice. He had so much evidence against me that he could easily destroy me with so I had to submit to him. It wasn't easy for me as well."She said.

"What happened when you guys were younger?" I asked.

Her head shot up as she looked at me with her grief-stricken eyes."I met Hunter before your father came along. We were so in love and I thought everything would be perfect till the end. But I was wrong." Another tear spilled down her face slowly.

"As soon as Hunter introduced your father to me,he fell in love with me. I didn't know how I felt back then. I was totally confused. I was in love with both of them at the same time or so I thought. Hunter was acting so over-possessive and I was drawing further away from him. But the both of us were blind to see it."

"Before I knew it, I was gradually getting attracted to your father. He was so gentle,caring and soft-spoken. Then disaster struck. Hunter came around Kirk's apartment one night to see his best friend in bed with his girlfriend."
She said and finally, a spring of tears burst open on her face. There was guilt all over his face.

I clenched my fists so tightly as tears sprang to my eyes. They slid swiftly down my cheeks.

"This is all your fault. I'll never forgive you!" I stood up and shouted at her,pointing my index finger at her. Rage and anger consumed me as well as bitterness.

Why did I have to pay for their mistakes?

"I hate you!" I slammed the table again. This time around, Gregory grabbed me by my arm and yanked me out of the room before I could do any damage.

But I didn't miss the look of guilt on her face before I left the room.

                         □□□□□□□□

"Your Honour,my name is Masha Winters and I'm the lawyer for the plaintiff, Mr. Jason Haynes."

"And I am Jones Underwood,the lawyer for both Mr. and Mrs. Sandlers,Your Honour."

"Very well,let's proceed with the case then." The judge said as the bailiff and two police officers stepped into the courtroom with Hunter and Lucia standing side by side. My eyes slowly darted to them.

My eyes connected with Lucia's own before I quickly tore it from her gaze and looked over at Hunter who still had a lazy smirk plastered on his face.

"My client here wants Mr. Sandlers to be charged for his hefty crimes." My lawyer spoke up.

"Please be more specific Miss Winters."
The judge said.

"Of course Your Honour. By hefty crimes, I mean kidnapping,murder and extortion of money and properties as well as domestic abuse. Mr. Hunter Sandlers is being charged with all these. Lucia Sandlers as well is being prosecuted for taking part in the kidnapping of Britney Haynes and Cassandra Griffo." Masha Winters said.

"This is absolutely ridiculous. My Honour, they do not have any proof." Hunter’s lawyer said.

I looked at him with disgust and contempt. He was shamelessly defending a criminal. But that was his job right? To defend you whether you're guilty or not.

"Of course I do. I have records of the anonymous texts we believe Hunter had sent to Jason leading to all these chains of events."

"Believe? You are not even sure of your evidence!" Hunter’s lawyer scoffed. I was becoming nervous. This wasn't looking good.

"But before anything else, Jason Haynes would like to charge Hunter with the murder of Kirk Norman,Jason’s biological father."Masha continued.

"That's a lie. You don't even have a witness!" Hunter said.

"I am a witness!"

A foreign voice boomed from the entrance.

                        □□□□□□□□

Took me a while to get this chapter on the road!

How was it?

Who wants to see a cast for the character of Masha Winters?
Which other character casts would you like me to add?

Christmas is 6 days away🌲🥳🎉

Spread the love and don't forget to vote and comment!

See you when I see you!,
XOXO😉