Chapter 30

This chapter is specially dedicated to lillianelinam20 and H_Books20. Thanks for the support guys❤️!
And to all my lovely readers as well❤️

                           □□□□□□□

Jason stood there with his sister as Cassandra walked away. He could feel Britney’s glare burning through the side of his head but chose to ignore it.

"I'm surprised your eyes haven't burned out and are still intact after shooting me all these deadly glares." Jason said trying to stiffle a laugh.

"Hahaha very funny." Britney said and shot him another glare. "That was very mean of you."

"What are you talking about?" Jason asked pretending like he didn't get what Britney was trying to point out.

"I never cut you out as the dumb type you know." Britney said and smacked his head lightly.

"Ouch watch it woman. Is it that time of the month?"Jason said waggling his eyebrows funnily causing Britney to chuckle briefly before putting up a childish scowl.

"Come on now."Jason said and poked her side as she erupted into a full-blown laughter.

"There. Now that's the beautiful laughter that was missing."

"But seriously Jason, you know what I'm talking about."Britney said now spotting a more serious look on her face.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Fine. You got me now. I do know what you're talking about."He grumbled.

"And?"Britney raised her eyebrows in a questioning manner motioning him to go on with whatever he had to say.

"And nothing. What do you want me to say Britney?"

"That you were being unpolite and particularly insensitive to a certain Cassandra?"

"Gosh! Is this what this is about?"Jason groaned.

Britney nodded as if to say 'duhhh'.

"So what do you want me to do?" Jason asked and groaned again as Britney was not willing to give up so easily now.

"Be a man.Apologise to her in a really nice way. And I mean now!" Britney said and shoved Jason towards the opposite direction.

Cassandra had already entered one of the firm's vehicles and they had just left.

"She's gone. I guess I'll do it later then." Jason said grinning from ear to ear and letting out a sigh. The truth was that he wasn't prepared to face Cassandra just yet. Not when he was rude and insensitive just a few seconds ago.

"Fine. You're off the hook for now but not forever. I'll surely get back to this."
Britney said and gave him a bitter look.

"Oh come on sis. You know how much I love you. Now quit acting like a sore loser." Jason said and enveloped her in a quick embrace.

"I love you too butthead."Britney said and they both erupted into laughter.

"Let's get going now. Mom must be worried sick by now."

                         □□□□□□□

"Sweetheart!" Elizabeth cried out as soon as Britney and Jason stepped into the grand living room of the Haynes mansion.

"Mom!"Britney squealed and rushed into her mother's arms. They were both giggling like a duo teenager group that hadn't seen each in a very long time.

"That evil man will surely get the punishment he deserves now." Elizabeth said.

"How are you Jason?"Elizabeth asked as Jason walked towards her and squeezed her hands lightly.

"Britney's finally home so I'm fine."

"My favourite girl is back!" Nora squealed as she walked in. She opened her arms widely as Britney jumped up from the couch and sprang into her arms.

"Nora my love!"Britney screamed excitedly and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you so much. I was worried sick but I'm glad you're okay now."Nora said.

"I was scared. But superman here came to my rescue and saved the damsel in distress." Britney said and everyone burst out into laughter.

Elizabeth's ringtone cut the laughter. They watched her intently as she picked the call.

"Oh that's great news. Thank you doctor. We'll be on our way now!"
She said and hang up.

"What did the doctor say?"
Jason asked.

"Your father's awake and he's very stable."

                          □□□□□□□□

This chapter gave us a bit more of Britney and Jason’s cute sibling moments. What do you think😂😂?
Let's do a tag fest here!
Tag any five Wattpadders in the comments section!

Don't forget to keep reading,voting and commenting😉!

Love y'all,
Stephanie❤️.