Chapter 29

“Oh, my poor little girl. I wonder what they must be doing to her by now.”
Elizabeth cried out.

She blew her nose for the umpteenth time in ten minutes and her eyes were now red and puffy from sobbing.

It had been half an hour since Jason got the distress call from Britney as well as Hunter’s text. He was so confused and didn’t know what to do.

But then, not only his sister was involved. Cassandra too was. Why was he thinking of her as well? Did she mean that much to him?

He had made a call to his firm to inform them of what was happening. They were willing to go with alongside the police to rescue Britney as well as Cassandra.

Nora was still comforting Elizabeth as Jason received a call.“Hello there Haynes” Hunter’s voice boomed across the line. He laughed hysterically and paused a little.

“You bastard!” Jason spat out as he clenched his fist as if he could see Hunter through the phone to beat the hell out of him.

“No need for the name calling now Haynes. I still have your dear sister and your precious lover, remember? If I were you, I’d be careful and watch my tongue?” Hunter said in a tone seeping out with victory. He knew that at that moment, he had Jason wrapped around his finger and he was under his control.

“What do you want from my family?” Jason asked. He was burning with anger. Hadn’t Hunter done enough damage? Why was he after his family again?

“Well, well, well, let’s go straight to business, shall we?”

“I’m in Mexico City with your girls. Come with a ransom of two billion dollars in exchange for them. Do not waste my bloody time Haynes!” Hunter said with a commanding tone.

Two billion dollars? Clearly Hunter was out of his head, Jason thought.
So all the money he bolted away with wasn’t enough for him? He had to kidnap his sister just to get more?

“Are you crazy? Mexico City is like almost three hours away! Why the hell would you send my sister there. I’ll kill you!” Jason said.

“Your time starts now. Appear in three hours or I blow their freaking brains out of their heads. My hand is on the trigger. I'm capable of things you cannot even imagine.Don’t tempt me.” Hunter said and then dropped the line.

                        □□□□□□□

“Oh wow. So lovely to see you again Haynes!” Hunter’s voice boomed from across the room as his eyes darted towards Jason that was standing at the exit.

Jason had made it look like he came there alone but then in fact, his team had surrounded the abandoned warehouse that Hunter was currently holding Britney and Cassandra.

“Give me back my sister and Cassandra!” Jason ordered as he kept his hateful gaze fixed on Hunter.

Hunter chuckled a little and then dialed something impatiently on his phone." Impatient much?"

“Lucia, bring them in.” Hunter said and then cut the call. A few seconds later, a woman barged in with another man through the backdoor dragging both Britney and Cassandra.

Their mouths were tied tightly with a handkerchief and their hands were bound behind them with thick ropes.

Britney’s eyes lit up when she saw Jason and Cassandra was struggling to break free.

Jason took in the features of the woman that was grabbing Britney tightly by her arm. She was very beautiful.

“Let them go now.”  Jason boomed.