Chapter 25

"I've gotten a little lead on your case."
The detective's voice boomed over the phone.

A flicker of hope turned on in me. I was very desperate to find his real parents. This was a stepping stone for my mission to be fulfilled. Hopefully, I would get to meet my real parents and have all my lingering questions answered soon.

"That's very good. Hopefully,if things pick up, I should be able to find them soon."

"Yes. I hope so too. I was able to get just one hospital where several children with the name Alexander were born over the years. But the strange thing was that there was no last name like Norman available. I find that very strange."

"But how is that possible?"
I asked. Something was not right.

"That was the same question I asked. Someone is definitely pulling strings somewhere and also a step ahead of us. We need to deal with this carefully and smartly."

I sighed and tossed on my bed. Fate was really against me in this. It was as if someone was pulling strings so that I would never find out my true identity.

I thanked the detective and got off the phone with him. I quickly freshened up and got out of the house in my quest.

I muttered a few words to my mother and sister. They looked at me questioningly as I stepped out. I passed by Nora who looked like she wanted to have a conversation with me. But I was in no mood to talk with anyone right now.

I stopped by the first hospital out of the three that Detective Andrew had given me. I smiled at the receptionist politely and she gave back a flirty smile. I groaned inwardly and forced a smile back at her.

"Excuse me,do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

"No problem handsome." She continued and winked at me. She clearly had the nerves to be flirting with me at this crucial moment that I needed information and answers to my questions.

"Do you still have the records of male children that were born in the year 1993?"I asked expectantly.

"I'm sorry but then we lost all those records in a wildfire that gutted this place years ago before I was even born."
She replied and let out a chuckle that I found really annoying.

"Thanks."I said and turned around to leave but her hand stopped me in my tracks.

"Oh my number?"She said grinning and chewing gum like a lunatic. I rolled my eyes and yanked off her hand.

I jumped into my car and sparked it. It did not move. I hit my hand on the steering wheel in frustration. The day was turning out very bad for me.

I got out to check what was wrong with the car. I inspected the tyres closely and let out a frustrating groan when I realised that the right front and back tyres were deflated.

Strange.

Very strange.

The tyres were in very good condition before I drove out this morning. So how come they had been deflated just now?This was very unusual. Very unusual.Someone was watching me.

My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I picked it out and saw a text flashing across the bright screen.

"I see you're very determined. Too bad your tyres are down. Nice shirt by the way:).

Someone was definitely watching me closely.

                      □□□□□□□

How're you finding the story?
Don't forget to vote and comment....please and please...Just tap on the little star☆ below and turn it orange🧡.

XOXO💙
Stephanie😊.