Chapter 19

"Turns out that they are really here."
Gregory said.

"We'd have to split ourselves. Some to the left and some to the right."He continued.

We were currently in our patrol vehicle outside an abandoned warehouse in the middle of nowhere. The warehouse appeared to be the only building there. It was a deserted place with tall trees.

We were given reliable information by a trusted informant on where the mafia would be carrying out a drug trading deal tonight.

Two cars and big truck were packed right outside at the extreme corner. The suspected drug trading deal was surely going on.

"Jordan,Jason,Brown and Scott to the right."

"Sanchez,Rivers,Doug and I to the right. Keep your walkie-talkies close. We'd have to communicate. We're stepping on dangerous waters."

We got out of the vehicle and started moving to our respective positions. They  locked the door at the entrance and then surrounded the place with a loud,buzzing alarm that blared very loudly as soon as you tresspassed their boundary.

The place was also wired and the wires were powered with electricity making it difficult to climb the wired walls.

We soon found the switch that was connected to the powered wires and then cut the connection. We also disconnected the buzzing alarm after much effort.

The place was stacked with many boxes and barrels that I believed contained drugs and other illegal materials.

Emiliano Forte was widely known for his notoriety and drug deals. He was also into human trafficking and sex trade. He was hot on the police's trail for so long and we were determined to grab him today.

We kept on tip-toeing and monitoring the place closely. I felt something sniffing my legs and I felt a warm breath fan my legs.

My eyes widened in alarm and I looked down to see a security dog at my feet.

A German sherperd.

And there wasn't only one

And there wasn't only one. Soon enough, we were surrounded by five of them that continually barked.

Gregory and his team came to meet us surrounded. Just then,the drug dealers burst a door open holding guns of different kinds.

"Uninvited guests I take it."
Emiliano sneered. Emiliano was there,live in body.

"Drop your weapons and surrender now."Gregory warned.

Emiliano fired a warning shot in the air warning us to back off but we wouldn't budge.

Soon,it turned to a messy shootout.
We took cover with the barrels and boxes stacked up in the warehouse.

We had sustained a few grazes from the missed bullets and struggles. They were certainly not willing to give up.

Two of their men were down so far. Just when Jordan placed his hands on the trigger to shoot,a bullet hit him in the chest directly.

I watched in horror as he he fell to the ground. I immediately left my gun and rushed to him. The others did too,giving Emiliano and his remaining men the opportunity to flee.Blood was gushing out from his chest.

"Hurry. Quick! Someone call the ambulance."I said frantically. I was scared as hell.We lifted his body that was slowly becoming limp in an attempt to meet with the ambulance halfway.

This was a deserted location and it would take them an eternity to reach here.

Gregory sped off. We met the ambulance on the highway and soon the paramedics took over. They were trying to stop the bleeding. I entered the ambulance with Gregory.

We reached the hospital in a few minutes. He was rushed to the surgery theatre.

I paced up and down,running my hands through my hair. I prayed that nothing would happen to him. He was the only friend I had. I could not afford to lose him.

Gregory looked very worried. Worry etched his face. He offered me a hot cup of coffee but I rejected it. I was too worried to drink or eat anything.

My phone rang five times. Britney called twice and my Dad called three times. I declined the call on evey single ring.

This was not the time. I was worried sick about Jordan.

After becoming exhausted, I settled on the couch and soon drifted off to sleep.

After sleeping for like forever,I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and met Gregory's softened stare.

Something was wrong.

I searched his eyes for answers but he did not say anything. I turned my gaze to my side to find the doctor standing there.

He shook his head and I noticed his facial features softened.

"I'm sorry. We lost him."

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Comment and vote.
Love y'all.
XOXO💙.