Chapter 18

Jordan offered to help Cassandra with her car. After a series of futile attempts, the car seemed to be back on the road.
However, I chose to ignore them totally.

I stood by Jordan's car and fidgeted with my phone,scrolling through my apps.I wasn't doing anything meaningful on my phone but I didn't want to help her either.

My phone buzzed with a text message. I rolled my eyes when I saw who it was from.

Text message from Britney:

Please come home. Dad and Mom want to talk to you. I need you home too. Please.

I rolled my eyes and put my phone away  in my side pocket. I folded my arms and groaned in frustration.

Jordan took this as a cue and cut short whatever small talk they were engaged in. They were grinning from ear to ear and I wanted to wipe away the grins from their faces.

"Let's get going. Or would you guys prefer to get a room?"I shouted over to Jordan who glanced at me with an expression like he wanted to strangle me.

I stiffled a laugh when I saw his expression. Cassandra looked up at me.

"You're welcome Griffo."I said and rolled my eyes at her. I sat in the car and waited for Jordan to come over.

As soon as he entered the car,he swatted the side of my head. I smirked back at him.

"What?"I asked innocently.

"What was that about?"Jordan asked shooting glares in my direction.

"I don't know what you're talking about."I said and shrugged. I went back to scrolling through my phone,ignoring him completely.

"You're unbelievable sometimes."He mumbled and drove off.

                         □□□□□□□

"Jason."

I stopped in my tracks when I heard her mention my name. I had just stormed by the dining area in a flash with the hopes that I would not be interrupted by anyone or bump into them. But apparently, that was not the case.

I turned around to see Dad and Mom at the table.

"Oh wow. Family." I stressed on family to emphasise my sarcasm. I gave an expression that seemed like it was bitter for me trying to say the word family.

"Son. Where have you been? And you reek of alcohol."Dad continued.

"Did I just hear you say son?"I said and then gave a long,humorless chuckle.

"That's surprising for a man who did not even want me in the first place. You have some nerve there."I said.

A wave of guilt washed over his face and his features softened.

"We're -"

Mom was about to say something but I was not going to hear any of it."Just leave me alone."I said and walked away.

As soon as I was in the comfort of my room, I locked the door behind me and slumped onto my bed. I scrolled through my phone contacts and settled on the contact I was looking for.

Detective Andrew.

Detective Andrew was a private investigator that had worked closely with his firm some few years ago. He was very good at his job.

I was very desperate to find my real parents so I called him at once. On the second ring,he picked up the call.

I told him everything and he got to work at once,promising that he would call me as soon as he got hold of any information.

Just then,I heard a soft tap on my door."Who's there?"I asked.

"It's me."Britney answered.

"What do you want?"I asked. I was really not in the mood to entertain any of them.

"Just open up please. I need to talk to you."Britney pleaded. Her tone was laced with concern and worry.

"Just go away. I don't want to talk to you!"I shouted back at her.

After a while,there was no tapping. She had gone then. I felt bad but then I wasn't ready to face her.Then my phone buzzed again.

Text message from Gregory:

Huntdown for Emiliano. Credible leads from a trusted source. We'd be able to grab him this time. 10 pm tomorrow.

                       □□□□□□□□

Do you guys think Alex/Jason has a right to be angry?
Is he overreacting?
What do you think of this chapter?
Please please and please vote.
XOXO💙.