Chapter 5

Fluttering my eyes open, I yawned and stretched my body in its entire length from the ball I curled into on the bed. The wall clock read five pm. I made way to the bathroom and took a shower. There was a knock on the door just when I had changed into a new set of clothes that were in the closet.

“Come in”, I said politely to whoever was knocking on the door.Nora entered and smiled warmly.

“I’m here to get you for dinner dear."        I nodded at her and followed her downstairs to the dining area.

Furnished adequately, the dining area looked admirable. Three pairs of eyes stared at me as I made way to the dining slowly. Two out of the three faces were familiar but the third one wasn’t.

“Hello young man."

I raised my head to face the owner of the voice. I made matches of the similarities between the man and the little girl.

“What is your name?”He asked. I just stared at him intently.

“Is he mute or something?”He whispered to his wife. She muttered something under her breath and glared back at him.

“My name’s Alexander N-Norman s-sir”.    I stuttered under his scrutinizing and intimidating stare.

“Oh so he can speak."He said and then picked a slice of boiled potato with his fork.

I gulped as he shoved it in his mouth, still staring at me.

The little girl beside was silent while her mother occasionally shoved food inside her mouth.

I flinched under his gaze while I clumsily shoved the food down my throat.

“I’ve got to go now. I’ll be back before 10”.He said, dabbed his lips clean and got up. His wife nodded curtly ans continued feeding the little girl.

I hurriedly finished my food while the little girl continued smiling at me. She had a sweet aura of warmness around her.

“Sorry about that sweetheart. He’s just in a bad mood. He’ll come around pretty soon, alright?” The little girl’s mother said.

I nodded slightly and excused myself. I went back to my designated bedroom and sat by the window as silent thoughts began filling my mind.

After staring into blank space for a while, I changed into a new set of pajamas and lay back on my bed. I soon fell into deep slumber which took me far away from my worries.

                         □□□□□□□

Another fun interaction…. My favourite Nickelodeon series is The Thundermans…...what about you?
Send your comments and votes in as well….XOXO!