Chapter 12

And when I said danger, I meant loads of it.

"We'd have to strategise really well. We all know Emiliano Forte is a really dangerous mafia that has been on the run for many years." I nodded as Gregory spoke.

Emiliano Forte.

The runaway mafia.

He was on the wanted list for the longest time and kept slipping through our hands.The last time, he had escaped quite narrowly.

He committed all kinds of crime that you could imagine. I wouldn’t want to go into the gory details right now.

If there was one word that could be used to describe him, it would be:

Deadly.

Apparently, he had been involved in another unscrupulous scandal.
Drug trafficking. Of course. It was no surprise.

I scoffed as I thought of the situation we had at hand now. This was going to be one hell of a huntdown.

                        □□□□□□□□

Fastforward to hours later,
Haynes Mansion.

I sighed as I walked inside my home.
I was immediately met by Britney. Geez! Was this girl sitting around doing nothing and just waiting for me to return?

"Well,hello there brother."

She walked towards me,ready to attack me with suffocating hugs.I wanted to wipe away that smug smile on her face.

"Not now Britney. Move away."

I said in an attempt to shoo her away. She scowled and let go of me.

"Where's everyone?"I asked searching the room.

"Mom's resting. Nora is out doing some grocery shopping and our dear father is in his study. Looks like one of those boring business meetings he usually has with clients."She said and entered the kitchen to do God knows what.

The long hallway was dimly lit. And the door to the study was slightly open so I could take a peek inside.

"This would be a good partnership. But our company still holds sixty percent of the shares."

"Absolutely."

"It was a pleasure doing business with you Haynes."

Dad's meeting had ended and I dashed away before he could find me there. If he were to find me there, I would while away the next fifty hours of my life in his study taking lectures on life and the family business.

I slipped away to my room and jumped onto my bed,tired and worn out.I soon found myself drifting to sleep.