Chapter 39

A solemn hymn was playing in the church auditorium as close friends and family were trooping in. They filed by the casket and exchanged pleasantries with Jason as he responded with several handshakes and curt nods.

"We are gathered here today to witness the exit of a dear mother, sister and friend. It is unfortunate that she has left us now but we delight in the knowledge that she is resting in the bossom of the Almighty maker. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen."

"Amen." The congregation replied in unison. Elizabeth patted him on the arm and rubbed her palm against his arm lightly to comfort him as Britney held on his hand giving it a little squeeze to comfort him.

                         □□□□□□□

At midday,the casket was lowered into the ground. The dark sunglasses shielded his tear-struck eyes that were very heavy like a dam.

"I didn't get a proper chance to know you Mom before the icy hands of death snatched you away from me. That bloody killer is behind bars now getting what he deserves. I have avenged you and Dad. And I hope that you'll rest peacefully in the bossom of God. I love you mother!"

He dropped the freshly woven lily wreath as he stared at the tombstone once more.

Lucia Sandlers
1970-2017
Dear Mother,Sister And Friend.
Keep resting peacefully.
Forever in our hearts!

                        □□□□□□□□

" Yes. What can I do for you young man?" She asked and continued chewing the gum as if her existence depended on it. She was a lanky woman with short hair that barely reached the nape of her neck. She had half of her right arm covered in tattoos which you couldn't make out unless you were standing very close to her. Her makeup was having a colour riot on her face.

" I am searching for a certain Miranda Sandlers. I believe she was abandoned here some sixteen years ago." Jason said and tapped his lap impatiently. The woman looked so disinterested in what he was saying. Her eyes shot wide open as soon as she heard the name.

"Why-why a-are you searching for her?" She asked and looked scared at once.

" She is my sister. I did some investigations and found out that she lives here. I'm here for her."

"Of-of c-course." She stammered once more and shot me another look that I couldn't decipher.

She accompanied him through the untidy narrow and smelly corridor. When they got to a certain room which Jason made out as the storeroom, his eyes landed on a beautiful teenage girl busily working her heart out. A sudden warm feeling spread over him.

He found her! His sister!

"Miranda!" He said and sprung across the room to engulf her in his embrace. Miranda's body stiffened under him.

"Erm-erm what is going on here?"
Miranda asked in shock.

"You're my sister."