12 | I Have A Guy In My Eyes

26.03.2024📍

Six more months passed.
They all realised how fast the time was changing when they congratulated Namjin for their 1 year anniversary.

°

"Mr. Jeon, our Japanese Clients are requesting a private meeting with you. What should I tell them?" Hyerin, his personal secretary, asks him who was looking through some important documents.

Jungkook looks at his watch before replying "It's almost 7PM, now is not the time for you to be here, Ms. Lee?"

"I was drafting an agreement for our Indian client..."
"How many times have I told you, you don't need to do overtimes."

"Thankyou for your consideration Mr. Jeon, I'll leave right away."
"Yeah."
"But that Japanese client?"
"Fix a meeting with them tomorrow."
"Alright."

Jungkook stays looking through the documents after she leaves the office.

After some time, he gets a call from his mother. "Hello-"
"I arranged a blind date for you Jungkook. Where are you?"

Jungkook sighs. "I'm busy mom.. I'm in my office..."
"Atleast meet her? She's the heir to Kang's line of business and she's pretty."

"Mom... For the 9,791st time, I'm not into girls-"
"Atleast try? You'll like her, she's a model Jungkook!?"
"But mom-"
"Do you not love me? I have promised her that you'll show up. She's already there waiting for you. Go there please... Atleast for me?"

Jungkook sighs again, closing his file, and getting up from his chair. The phone call remains silent when he grabs his coat and his car keys. "Only for you mom. Goodbye."

He has lost count of times he has gone to meaningless dates because of his mother. She is just not accepting that her perfect son was not going to marry a pretty girl and give her a grandchild.

He reaches the destination with the location his mom sent. Staff escorts him to his table. A lady is sitting there. "Hi.." She greets him standing up with a little bow.

Jungkook bows with a small smile. "Hi Ms. Kang. Sorry for making you wait." They both take their seats opposite to each other.

"No it's okay. I guess you were busy..."
"Oh yess. By the way you look pretty."
"Oh, thankyou so much..." The girl blushes and covers her face with her hands.

"Should we order something now?" Jungkook asks, wanting to end it soon. The girl only nods.

After ordering their meal, she starts the conversation once again. "Have you dated before?"
"No, I haven't found someone who can take my breath away..."

Suddenly, a really blurred face passes through the back of his mind. But he disregards it.

"What kind of a girl is your ideal type?"
"That's a secret, I'll tell you after dinner." He gives her a tight lipped smile.

Ms. Kang keeps asking him some general questions, and to not come off as rude, Jungkook also asks her a few questions about her.

After the dinner, Jungkook pays and they stand up to leave the place.

"Ms. Kang... You asked me about my ideal type. I wanted to make it clear I'm into man."
"What-"
"My mom fixed this date. It was nice meeting you, I really enjoyed your company. And I hope you won't take the rejection personally."

The girl was shocked but didn't pass any rude comment unlike some times. He opened her car's door like a gentleman he is. The driver started the car and drove away.