16 | Very Shy... Really My Type

03.04.2024📍

Jimin was sitting on the couch in his living room, waiting on his dad to come back. He was wearing an olive green jacket with black jeans pants.

Hearing the doorbell, he gets up from the couch. His eyes widen in shock when he sees who has come. Thank God he didn't change into pajamas because what he was seeing right now was not what he expected at all.

Jungkook trails behind someone from the house-help. He was casually dressed, not to put any burden on Jimin to dress up for a date.

He smiles confidently, enjoying the shy smile on Jimin's face. "Hey..." He starts in a low whisper.

"Hi.. how would you-- Come.. have a seat..." Jimin gestures towards the couch.
"How have you been..?" Jungkook asks, now standing a few feet away from him.

"Great.. a bit busy. I didn't expect to see you here.."
"Me too actually, Namjoon hyu-"

They hear the doorbell, and finally Jimin's father was here. "What a surprise Jungkook-ssi..." His fatherly instincts got high all of sudden, he went to stand between them.

The cold shoulder doesn't go unnoticed by any of them. Jimin feels embarrassed.

"Uncle, you can call me Jungkook now..."
"Oh right... Son-in-law" Mr. Park loosens up visibly. Jungkook smiles at him.

When Mr. Park moves, Jungkook catches Jimin smiling behind him.

They all take seats, and they are served water.
"I was here to ask for your permission actually." Jungkook asks looking between Jimin & his dad.

Mr. Park stiffens again. "What is it?"
"We are getting married in two days." Jungkook says, Mr. Park heaves a relieved sigh, relaxing again, "Right..."

"Before that, I wanted to take Jimin out on a date.. just to talk to him, to get to know him a little better..." Jungkook asks sincerely.

Jimin wants to disappear in thin air.
Jungkook is here asking his dad, to take him out for some time. He was burning with nerves right now.

"Please uncle, can I?"
"Jungkook... Son, what if you get chased?"
"I have already booked a place... It's a small cafe, no one will suspect..."
"What if Jimin gets late?"
"Just three hours are enough... I'll drop him back myself... All safe & in one piece..."

Mr. Park chuckles at the last line, making Jimin blush like a tomato. "Okay then, please keep him safe..."

"Appa... Stop please... I'm 25..." Jimin whispers embarrassed. Jungkook smiles internally at his pout.

°

Jungkook drives them both to the cafe he rented out wholly to keep it safe & private for them.

The whole drive was silent, with Jimin constantly biting his lips out of nervousness, his cheeks blazing hot.

Jungkook was nervous too, but it was under control. He doesn't know where his confidence is now that he needs it.

He parks the car and walks around it to find Jimin opening his door. He holds it for him.
"Thank you..." Jimin bows a little with a small smile.
"After you.." Jungkook gestures for him to walk ahead.

They walk together into the cafe and find their seats near the glass window. Like the gentleman he is, Jungkook pulls the chair out for him.

"You don't need to... I can do it myself..." Jimin protests but sits down with a smile. "Thankyou..."
"I know you can, doesn't mean you have to" Jungkook replies with a gentle smile.