23 | Can You Be The Stranger For Today

12.04.2024📍

From the next day, Jimin gets busy in the online training for a considerable amount of time. He was thankful he had less time to interact with Mrs. Jeon.

But since the butler was on leave, he took it upon himself to cook dinner because Mrs. Jeon was cooking breakfast and lunch herself.

Thankfully, no matter how harsh she talks to him, she does cook the lunchtime meal for him as well.

Due to being extremely busy with the project, Jungkook usually returns late at night.

"I promise this is the last week when I'm so busy. I'm not making such hectic schedules in my life ever again, I swear."

Jimin chuckles at him, nodding his head as they get ready to sleep.

No matter how late Jungkook returns, Jimin stays awake to receive him, and then they sleep together, holding hands.

°

The same routine follows for the whole week. Jungkook, along with the team, is working meticulously as the pre launch of beta version is set to be the next monday.

For the whole of the week, Mrs. Jeon doesn't let Jimin live peacefully. Whenever they cross paths, she keeps behaving like she's depressed.

She would pass comments about not being able to have a daughter-in-law with whom her life would've been rainbows and sunshine.

She would taunt Jimin for not being a woman. And it's just so absurd and frustrating for him, because what can he do? He can't change his gender, can he?

He ignores it everyday, and even forgets half of it every night.

But he didn't realise the frustration was penting up in him. He didn't realise he is starting to think a little low of himself every time she makes him feel like he wasn't enough.

It started affecting him much from the 4th day onwards. It was getting to his mental health, because for his father, he was his whole life. Always enough.

He still encourages himself that next monday, he will be in his dance studio and his routine will be normal once again.

But what breaks him more was how Mrs. Jeon denied him to join back straight away.
"I wouldn't have liked Jungkookie's wife to teach dance at a studio!" It was her reasoning.

He can't help but feel torn every time he hears that word. Jungkook's wife. Jungkook is his husband for God's sake.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

When Jungkook entered his room, the lights were off and Jimin was already in the blankets.

He finds it odd because he's always awake, waiting for him.

Jungkook contemplates going in, as Jimin gets scared of someone in the room while he's sleeping. He tip-toes towards the cupboard to take his change of clothes and hears a light gasp from behind.

Jimin immediately switches the bedside lamps on.

"It's me Jimin..." He hurries to tell him. Jimin places a hand on his chest to calm himself down.

"Are you okay? You slept early today..." He asks.
"I was just tired... I'll try to stay awake-"

"NO!- that's not what I meant..."
"Oh... Did you eat?" Jimin asks him, getting down from the bed. He strides out of the room without taking any answer.

He didn't meet his eyes at all. Jungkook noticed he was not his usual self.

He realises how busy he has been the past week that he rarely spent any time with Jimin. He quickly changes clothes and goes downstairs, to the kitchen.