51 | That's Called Love, My Love

09.05.2024📍

"Jimin.. Jimin, son..." Mr. Park runs to him and engulfs him into his arms. Jimin breaks down loudly this time. He wails like a child, just like a 12 year old who had lost his mom.

"Appa is sorry... Appa is sorry, he couldn't protect you... Appa is sorry..." He tightens his grip on his back, and Jimin keeps seeking the comfort in his arms, just how he had when he had lost his mom.

More than anything, he can't forget what they told him about his mother's death. He abruptly parts away from his father and looks into his eyes.

His father was tearing up just as he himself was.
"Why did you lie to me appa?" His voice breaks at the end. Mr. Park stands still for a moment.

"Why did you lie that mom died of sickness? Why did you not tell me about her last letter? Why did you hide all of it from me!?" He asks in one breath and creases his shirt in between his fingers.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry Jimin. But if I had to choose again, I'll still hide the fact that your mother died unjustly. How could I've told you? You weren't even a teenager, forget about being a mature adult. What could I've told you?"

Jimin shakes his head, tears constantly running down his face. "Now I know... And I want to see her last letter too... Please 🥺"

Mr. Park doesn't want to show him that cursed piece of paper. He doesn't respond in anyway, but Jimin holds his hand with both of his own, "Please... Please let me see her very last thing... Please appa..."

"Life will be better if you don't read that..."
"Life is not better after knowing what my mom had to go through!! Please appa..."
"Okay! Come with me..."

He goes to his bedroom and opens his cupboard. In his locker, there was a jaded box, under which lied that almost torn paper.

With trembling fingers, Jimin takes his mother's last belonging...

⬇️
'Yeobo...
I don't think I'll make it long...
I'm sorry I didn't tell you anything before...
But.. keep our baby away from business... Do not let him join please...

Keep him safe yeobo... The world is too cruel. Our Jiminie is strong yet soft hearted. Keep him in your eyes always...

Don't! Don't force him to marry any girl. We already know he is drawn to man... Please find someone for him yourself. The world out there is wicked. They will rip him apart... Save him from any injury...

I'm sorry I couldn't tell you anything. He had pictures of me... That Lee! That wicked dad of a rude 18 year old. I don't know from where he took them... I know he will try to kill me... I can't let him touch me all the time. It's disgusting...

I'm sorry...
I love you both. You are my life.
I hate to leave my life.
I hate it.'
⬆️

Jimin had tears in his eyes yet again. His heart was breaking in a way he never thought possible. He covers his mouth, sobbing miserably.

"I miss her... I miss mom..." He whispers helplessly and Jungkook who was standing at the door, takes a turn to stand beside the wall.

It's too much. It's too much suddenly, he can't possibly imagine what Jimin is going through.

Jimin looks at his father who is barely able to keep his tears hidden. He can't imagine how much his father has gone through reading this letter again and again.

"I'm sorry you had to bear this pain alone..." He whispers, going ahead to hug him again.

He can't imagine how alone his father must have felt all these years where he couldn't ever share this pain with anyone.