44 | You Should Be The One Telling Him

03.05.2024📍

Jungkook was in his office when he recieved a message from an unknown private number.
//So I have to fight you now?//
There was a pic attached with it.

Jungkook first ignored it as he was busy and didn't bother to download the picture.

But towards the evening when he checked his phone again, there was another message.
//Remember that day in the Disneyland?//

His eyebrows creased, he quickly downloaded the picture. It was him & Jimin with the Micky Mouse character. 'So I was rightly paranoid that day? Someone was there trying to harm us, or maybe just Jimin.'

//Who the hell are you!?// - Jungkook
//Oh. So you decided to reply// - Unknown
//It was difficult to get to him when he was with his father. But with you, it's so easy to take him// - Unknown

//Someone who's scared to reveal their identity shouldn't talk like that// - Jungkook
//Ouch. I'm so hurt// - Unknown
//Hahaha. Nice try Jeon// - Unknown

Jungkook was bubbling up with anger.
He turns the messenger off and calls for his secretary.

"Yes Mr. Jeon?"
"Is Mr. Park still in the office or has he left after the meeting?"
"I'll check it right away sir!"

Ms. Lee comes back after making a call.
"He's still here, and I've informed him you wish to talk to him."
"Thanks Ms. Lee."

The lady leaves with a bow.

Jungkook gets up from his chair when he sees his father-in-law entering his room.

"Have a seat father"
"Why do you wanted to see me son? Is it about the project or-"
"It's about Jimin."

"Is he alright!? What happened to him?" Mr. Park always behaves like this whenever Jungkook takes his name. He is seeing a pattern now.

"Why do you always assume the worst when it comes to him?" Jungkook asks strategically.
"Ah. It has become a habit... Is he alright?" Mr. Park asks calmly.

Jungkook shows him the texts he has received.

Mr. Park clutches his fists tightly.
"Assign more bodyguards around him."
"Don't let him go anywhere alone."
"You two shouldn't be alone even in your apartment.. Please.. Please keep him safe.. Please" He panics.

"Who are they father? If you know them, why don't you make a police complaint about them?"
"It's of no use! They are useless in protecting someone!" Mr. Park replies in rage.

Jungkook stops for a moment and waits for him to calm down, thinking about what to say next. Because no matter what, he needs to know what's going on as it concerns Jimin's safety.

"Jimin's mom.. Did Mrs. Park really died from a disease as he thinks?" He asks carefully.

Mr. Park stops in his tracks. His eyes brim with water as the painful memories rush into his head.

Jungkook wordlessly offers him some water, realising he has touched the wrong point.

"I don't want to know something that Jimin doesn't know of his own mother. But if it is something that concerns his safety, then please.. please tell me.. I'll keep him safe from everything, but how am I supposed to do that without knowing whom I'm fighting against?"

Mr. Park dejectedly looks at him.
"Jimin's mom.. my wife.. she was a victim of business rivalry..."

⬇️
Jimin was 12 year old when his mom left him & his dad. Not because they didn't love each other but because she was dead.