30 | I know I don't have a mom

19.04.2024📍

The next morning, Jimin was cooking something when Mrs. Jeon entered the kitchen, her eyes full of determination.

"Goodmorning Aunty..." Jimin bows down.
"Don't go on the trip."
"What?" Jimin looks at her warily. "Why?"

"Because I will be so ashamed when my kitty party circle will get to know about this! I'm already a topic of mockery that my son married you!"

Jimin quickly looks back at his food, and pretends her words didn't hurt him.

But she continues. "What will you even do? You can't be serious with a honeymoon trip!" Her face twists in disgust at even the name of it.

Jimin's heart races painfully. He still tries hard to not take her words to his heart, and keeps himself busy in cooking.

"Are you even listening!? You can't even get pregnant. Why will-"
"What are you-- Jungkook can't get pregnant either." Jimin couldn't remain silent at this.
Mrs. Jeon scoffs "He is a man. Man can't get pregnant!"

Jimin's fists clenches. "What am I then? Am I not a man in your eyes?" He asks, his voice finally wavers at the end.

"In my eyes, you are just someone who took my Jungkookie's wife's place. If it was her, I would've happily sent them on a honeymoon. She would've become pregnant and my dream of playing with my grandchild wouldn't have been ruined!!!!" She clenches her fists and grits her teeth.

A sudden click of sadness clicks in her, her eyes changes from angry to just disappointed, and she leaves the kitchen with slumped shoulders.

First tear rolls down Jimin's cheek. He quickly wipes it and focuses on the food again. Another tear escapes his eyes, followed by a string of tears slipping out one after another.

He sniffles and tries to stop it. He takes long breaths to calm himself down, and drinks some water to gulp it down.

This has almost become a routine now. He's crying on a 'two-times-a-week' basis these days. It's so pathetic! Stop crying! He scolds himself for being so weak.

He was frustrated with himself at this point.

.

Jungkook was getting ready for his office in the room. When he went downstairs, he saw Jimin zoning out in the kitchen and walked towards him.

He sees his gloomy face and, afraid his mom has done something again, asks him, "Jimin... What happened to you?"

"Nothing..." Jimin musters up a smile for him before going back to his food that is ready to be served.

Jungkook grabs his arm and turns him around slowly. He notices his glassy eyes and the wetness on his cheek that he confirms with his index finger.

Jimin immediately starts wiping his eyes "I think there's some dirt..."

Jungkook watches him trying to clean his eyes dry. Realisation dawns on him and his face softens. He grabs his wrist to stop him and cups his face with another hand.

Jimin stops in his tracks, his heart beats slowly as he looks above in Jungkook's eyes, who's looking at him with so much concern. Jimin could cry right away, but he controls.

Jungkook pulls him closer with his nape and kisses his forehead, in the centre of his eyebrows. Jimin clutches at his sides.

He feels the peace coming back to him once again. It's scary how much he has started to depend on Jungkook's presence.