18 | Just Give Me Your Forever

07.04.2024📍

Jimin was to get his makeup done, he was in his room at the wedding hall. His father now only had the time to talk to him from morning as he was busy with guests, mainly his business friends.

"I didn't even realise when my little one grew up so much that he's now getting married." Jimin's dad speaks holding him by his shoulders.
"Appaa..." Jimin tilts his face with a small smile.

"Your mom would've been so happy if she was here with us today..."
"Ap-ppa..." Jimin smiles sadly at his father who tries to hide his teary eyes.

It's been years they lost her, but on occasions like this, they can't help but remember her more.

"As a promise to your mom, I have protected you to the best of my ability. I knew I was going overboard sometimes but couldn't help it son..."
"It's okay... Please--"
"If you can, please forgive me for those times..."
"Appa don't-- I know you love me..."
"That I do..."

Jimin wipes his dad's tears. He didn't wanna cry today. He's genuinely happy. But looking at his dad like this, he feels like he is abandoning him, leaving him behind all alone. Getting teary eyed himself, he hugs him tightly.

His dad engulfs him in the loving safety of his arms. "My little bird... My sunshine, I love you a lot... I hope you know that..."
"I know appa, I love you too..."

After a few minutes, Mr. Park taps his back before parting away. He wipes his tears before caressing his head. "Get ready. I'll see you in a while." Jimin nods his head.

"Are you happy?"
"I'm happy..." Jimin replies.

Mr. Park places his hand on Jimin's head again as a way of blessing him before leaving the room.

°

"Jungkook... Please think about it again son. Things can still be taken care of. Your mom will support you..." Jungkook's mom again tries to convince him while he gets his makeup done.

"Mom please... I want you to be happy for me. I'm really getting married within few hours. And you will like Jimin when you meet him..."

"Oh c'mon! I would've liked him if he was just your friend! I wouldn't like a gay-"
"MOM!"
She widens her eyes at Jungkook raising his voice.

"Your own son is gay! You can say anything to me but not him. Please..." Jungkook pleads.
His mom huffs.

Jungkook's father enters the room at the same time. He reads the tension in the room. "What's going on..."
Jungkook's mom leaves them there.

"Dad... I don't want mom to be unhappy in my wedding ceremony..." Jungkook loves his mom very much. And seeing her not happy in such a big step of his life is truly disheartening.

"Let me talk to her... Don't worry much. Your friends are ready and they want to meet you soon."
"Oh yeah... I told them to wait for me while I get done..."

.

Jungkook's dad talks to his wife, making her realise how her unthoughtful actions are making their only son feel bad.

"But I want him to be happily married with a beautiful lady..."
"And I want him to be happy. However that happens."

The lady couldn't find words to answer after that.

"You have already known he's not into women. You just have to accept..."
"It's hard..."
"More hard than seeing your son upset?"

She is again rendered speechless.