32 | May I Have A Dance With You

21.04.2024📍

"Are you two leaving already?"
"We will visit soon again, Granny." Jungkook assures her, giving her a warm hug.

Jimin is again dreading to go back to Seoul. Why can't they just live here?

"I will miss you granny... Please stay healthy when we come back... Take care..." He hugs her tightly, fighting back the sudden urge to burst into tears. He really has no idea why he feels gloomy right now.

"I wish you happiness my sweet puppies... Just know this old lady loves you two." She takes their hands into both her hands before kissing the back of their palm one by one.

"And Jimin, my little puppy, you are worthy of love, don't think too little of yourself if someone can't appreciate you right away..."
"Granny--" Tears brim in his eyes.

Granny cups his cheeks before bending him a little down to place a kiss on his forehead. "She's not that bitter from inside, just stubborn sometimes... She will come around, don't worry."

Jimin nods his head and hugs her again before taking their final leave.

.

In the car, once Jimin feels he is able to speak without feeling like his voice will betray him mid-sentence, he asks Jungkook slowly.
"Did you tell her..."

Jungkook's clutch on the steering wheel tightens. "I had to do something..." He trails off.

"I'm sorry for putting your mom in a bad light... I never wanted to do that..." Jimin's voice chokes with emotions. It's as if Seoul is a cursed land for him. He's always crying when he's here.

"Jimin. You need to know where to draw the line of being understanding... You are not putting anyone in a bad light. We know Mom was never like this before so we are not able to figure out how she has changed so much... But nothing about that is your fault. Do you understand that?"

Jungkook completes and expects to hear something positive from Jimin, but all he gets is a choked sob.

He immediately looks at him, and drives towards the service lane before stopping his car.

"Was I too harsh with my words? I'm sorry." He grabs his hand.
"No, it's not that..." Jimin looks away, wanting to hide his face. He was embarrassed of himself for being like this.

Jungkook takes his face in one of his hands, and wipes his tears gently. "You can cry all you want Jimin... Just don't hide yourself from me when you do that."

A few more tears escape his glassy eyes, he closes them, "It's embarrassing... I don't want to be like this... I don't know why I'm like this, but I can't help it... I don't know what's happening to me..."

"Maybe you are experiencing burnout?"
Jimin sniffs, "I think you are right..."
Jungkook silently wipes his eyes again.

°

"Do you think you can go to the launch party this evening?" Jungkook asks once Jimin calms down.
"It would be so selfish of me to not go, it's your project you have been working so hard on!"
"And it would be selfish of me to drag you there when you aren't feeling good."

Jimin looks at his side profile with a warm heart and flushed cheeks. "I'm alright now. Now that I think about it, it must have been a burnout... Thank you for helping me realise..."

"Anytime baby-" Their eyes widen.
"Baby blue... I meant baby blue..." Jungkook sheepishly mumbles, his heart almost in his mouth at his slip-up.

Jimin doesn't say anything. He looks outside the window with a shy smile, and a racing heart.