39 | Your Buns Is Not A Buns Anymore

28.04.2024📍

"Good morning aunty.."
"Good morning Jimin. Btw you can call me mom if you want.." She speaks hesitantly.

"What are we cooking today.. mom.." Jimin asks with a smile.
Mrs. Jeon smiles happily, "What about pasta? Or anything you want to eat.."

"Pasta is great! When is Dad coming back?"
"Anytime today-"
They hear the bell ring and door opens with a loud groan.

"Ohh I'm so tired!" Mr. Jeon enters the house.
"Welcome back home dad!" Jimin gives him a smile.
"Yeobo..." Mrs. Jeon goes straight into his arms.

"Dad, you are back!" Jungkook too comes downstairs.
"I'm so happy to see you all guys. Business camps aren't that great you know!" He complains with a sigh.

"What's in the breakfast?" He asks looking at their butler on the kitchen's doorway.
"Dad, me & mom are making pasta, why don't you freshen up in the meantime." Jimin replies.

"What? How-?" Jungkook chuckles sitting beside him. "I'll tell you dad, and mom.. can I also join your cooking special?"
"Nope! It's just me & Jimin" Mrs. Jeon grabs his hand and drags a chuckling Jimin to the kitchen.

They cook together, dividing the tasks efficiently. Mrs. Jeon does everything related to hot oil, even teaches Jimin how to not panic when the oil cackels.

They walk out of the kitchen together while the butler prepares other food items himself.

They start their breakfast when Mr. Jeon joins them. This was the first time it felt like a family breakfast, when Jimin actually felt included.

°

"Dad, mom, our apartment is ready. We can move into it next Friday." Jungkook informs them after the breakfast.

"Wow that's great! Are you hosting a housewarming party?" Mr. Jeon asks.
"We'll plan something with Taehyung and friends."
"Mr. Kim was talking about how Taehyung has a big launch as a fashion brand ambassador this month."

"Really? He hasn't told us anything like that. Jimin, any idea?"
"No, he hasn't said anything about it.."

The three talk back & forth without noticing how Mrs. Jeon was zoning out.

"Wifey? Everything good?"
"Han.. Ah yeah.. Jungkookie, do you really have to.. I mean we can always live together like this... Jimin, don't you love it here..."

"Mom-"
"Didn't you like living with Mom in Busan? We still moved out wifey, that's when we had Jungkook!" Mr. Jeon winks at her at the last line.

Jimin gets red out of pure embarrassment.

"But they can't-- I mean they won't-- I mean--"
"They still need their own apartment. They are newly married. It's only right they have their own personal space."

"Thanks dad." Jungkook speaks.
"You two can start packing n all sons. You have just one week. Btw Jungkook, have you shown Jimin the place?"
"No..."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go show him the house he'll be living in!"
"Right, alright.."

The young couple gets up from the table to go back to their room.

While Mr. Jeon takes a slightly distressed Mrs. Jeon to their room. There's a lot of things she needs to accept.

"How does dad know Taehyung's dad?" Jimin asks curiously as they enter their room.
"Taehyung's dad is our company's finance manager. He was dad's college friend, that's how me & Taehyung are childhood friends."
"Oh.. that's great to know."