9 | Let's Go In The Woods

19.03.2024📍

Everyone was in the dining hall, eating & drinking, and having small chats. The couple was busy thanking the attendees and getting their blessings.

"Mom, dad.. this is Jimin I was talking about." Namjoon introduces Jimin to his parents.
"Such a lovely child" Mrs. Kim pinches his cheeks as if he really was a child.

The newly married couple chuckle at them. This is what everyone thinks when they meet Jimin for the first time.

At some distance, Jungkook was standing in a circle with Taehyung, Yoongi and Hobi, talking casually on a general topic. The topic being when will Taehyung find his fairytale life in any wedding?

Yoongi & Hobi were enjoying his rants, while Jungkook's eyes kept going towards Jimin, who was smiling so innocently.

He didn't have the time to look at him alone earlier. He is looking stunning tonight. Absolutely beautiful.

Jungkook forgets he was talking to his friends and keeps staring at Jimin without blinking. Taehyung notices, and follows his gaze to find Jimin.

He gestures to Hobi & Yoongi and they laugh at him fondly.

"He was the youngest among us before I met Jin's friends. Now, Tae is the youngest in our group." Namjoon tells his parents, and Jimin instinctively looks for Taehyung.

His eyes stop on Jungkook who blinks after a few seconds of eye contact. Jimin's heart races, he excuses himself to go to the washroom.

"Excuse me... Are you Jimin?" Someone asked him when he came out of the washroom. He nods while drying his hands.

"Mr. Kim was looking for you. He is on the 2nd floor with his parents" The man, probably a staff from catering side told him.
"Namjoon Hyung?"
"I don't know the name, the handsome one.."
"Okay, I'll see. Thankyou..." He left the washroom.

"Excuse me... Sir?" A waiter approached him with some drinks when he was about to go up. Jimin denies with hand gesture, and continues to go upstairs.

°

"Jimin is taking too long..." Jhope says, to no one in particular. He was at a drinking stall with others.

Jungkook came back from washroom. "Did you see Jimin there?" He asks.
"No. He wasn't there.."

"He's not the one to mingle with others. Where is he!?" Jhope looks around. "I'm going to see if he's with newly weds. Give me a call if you see him. His mobile phone is with me..."
Jungkook nods.

"Doesn't Hobi Hyung worry too much about him?" Taehyung speaks.
"Wasn't Hobi saying Jimin gets lost in crowds..." Yoongi states.

Hearing this, Jungkook also cranes his neck to look for a fluffy blonde head among the guests.

Like a magnet, his eyes wander onto the 1st floor where he sees Jimin going further up.
'Why is he...' Wordlessly, he follows him.

.

Jimin hears footsteps coming towards him with urgency. He stops and turns around to look back with a breath caught in his throat.

"Where are you going?"
Relief flushed over him seeing it was only Jungkook, who remained a few stairs down from him. His eyes were questioning and concerned.

"Mr. & Mrs. Kim asked for me.."
"But Uncle, Aunty are having their dinner with other guests.."

"What!?" Jimin's eyes widened in fear. He took a few steps closer to Jungkook.