38 | I Regret My Behaviour

27.04.2024📍

Mrs. Jeon feels uneasiness settling in her chest as she walks towards Jimin's room. The pain in her chest only increases when she looks at his pale face.

All those times she has hurted him knowingly comes flashing in her eyes and she feels ashamed of herself.

How could she be so cold towards someone who has done nothing wrong to her. How could she hate someone she barely knows.

Her eyes were blinded by the rage earlier because she was not able to accept her own son's identity.

Jungkook was right, he was the one who took her chances away to have a daughter-in-law. But will she ever be able to hate him?

'Never' Her mind supplies.

"Uhmm-" Jimin suddenly groans, tossing in his sleep. He blinks his eyes open and tries to sit on the bed.

"Careful.." His forehead creases in confusion at completely unfamiliar tone in that familiar voice. He looks at the hands holding his arms.

Mrs. Jeon helps him sit straight.

"Aunty.. Where's Jungkook..." He asks, not believing she just helped him.
"Ah- He's not here-- I mean something important came up, so he has gone to the office.." She couldn't meet his eyes properly.

Because suddenly, she looks at herself like a devil, and Jimin like an innocent abandoned child.

"Do you-- Do you need any help..." She finally releases the breath she was unknowingly holding, and gathering some courage, looks at Jimin's face.

It pricks at her motherly heart that was hidden, locked inside for so long.

Jimin was barely able to keep his eyes open. He breathed from his mouth, his lips were extremely dry.
"Do you want water..." She tries again.

He shakes his head in a no.
"If you don't mind... I want to use washroom..." He speaks lowly, feeling embarrassed to have asked her this.

To his surprise, Mrs. Jeon doesn't mind. She holds his upper arm and prompts him to get down from the bed.

Jimin feels a sharp pain in his head the moment he puts strength in his legs to stand up.

"Oh my-" Mrs. Jeon supports him and they carefully stride to the washroom. Jimin enters inside holding the walls.

Mrs. Jeon releases another long breath. She bites down her lower lip with nervousness.

Taking a step ahead, she opens her mouth to say something but closes it right away. She repeats the same action twice before she hears the flush running.

She suddenly locks the washroom from outside and speaks in a hurry. "Listen to me from there..." She starts.

"I don't know how will I say this to your face, but I regret my behaviour towards you..." Her heart was beating way too fast at the moment. She was really nervous.

"Just because there was no one to blame for my self inflicted misery, I found it so easy to blame you... Please forgive me Jimin... I'm really sorry..." She looks down ashamed, even though no one can see her.

"Can I come out..." Jimin asks, and she hurriedly unlocks the door.

Her cheeks were red due to embarrassment when Jimin came out.

He stands against the door, feeling low in energy, but genuinely happy that she accepted her actions.

"I can't lie and say that it was okay.. Because I didn't expect you to be so rude towards me, you didn't even give me a chance--"
"I'm sorry, I was full of bitterness.."
"But I understand it would've been difficult to see me, difficult to accept it was always going to be a guy and not a girl beside your son."