25 | Please Don't Ever Change

14.04.2024📍

"Look at this tree Jimin. From here.. till that last tree, these are our fields."
"Ohh..."
"Have you eaten fresh carrots? Come here.. here, hold these leaves.. and pull it out firmly."

"It's so big granny..." Jimin speaks astonished. Jungkook chuckles from behind, looking at them interacting with each other.

"Puppy, come here and wash this for Jimin." Jungkook comes ahead and takes the carrot out of Jimin's hands before washing it under the handpump.

He divides it in three pieces and gives one piece each to Jimin and granny before biting into one.

"Doesn't he look like a bunny Jimin?" Granny snorts at Jungkook, and Jimin laughs too.
"Am I your puppy or a bunny?" Jungkook whines. Jimin laughs more.

"You are both!"
"Then what about Jimin? Why is he a puppy only!?" Jungkook pretends to be angry.

"Jimin is cute like a puppy.. and a kitty.. also, Jiminie, you are a cute little chick when you concentrate... Your lips come out..." Granny laughs fondly, and Jimin laughs fond of her too.

He covers his face shyly when he sees Jungkook looking at him like that. Like with a small smile and that look. It does things to his heart.

.

After spending half a day in the field, they return home tired and change into their clothes, ready to return back to Seoul. Granny lived in Busan.

"Do come to meet me again..."
"I will miss you granny..." Jimin says as he hugs her tightly. She caresses his back affectionately, and pecks his forehead, blessing him.
"I will miss my chickie-puppy-kittie too"

Jimin giggles lovingly at her and parts away from the hug, squeezing both her cheeks lightly. "Oh granny, you are so cute. I love you so much!" He pecks her cheek too.

Jungkook, who was again silently looking at them, comes ahead when grandma asks for him. "I'm a little jealous now..." He starts, causing Jimin to laugh at him.

"And why is that? Am I loving your chickie more than you?" She winks at him.
"Chickie-- I mean Jimin got 3 cute names, while I have only 2..." He whines.

Grandma pulls his cheek, "You naughty puppy! I know you love it! Keep my chickie happy, or I'll kick your ass!"

They all laugh collectively. Jungkook shakes his head and goes ahead to hug his grandma. She also grabs Jimin's arm and pulls him in a hug too.

"I will really miss you..." Jimin whispers, trying hard to keep his wavering emotions in check. He's dreading to go back.

Jungkook places his hand over Jimin's palm on the back of their grandma, squeezing it tight. He doesn't want to leave with a crying Jimin.

Jimin appreciates the gesture and a little smile adorns his face.

They bid final goodbye from the car and start their journey on an emotional note.

Jimin feels restless for a while. It feels like he was leaving something very precious behind. And it wasn't even making sense to him, he literally met her only yesterday.

May be he saw his mom in her, a little bit.

"Are you okay?"
"Hmm, I'm fine... Your grandma is so sweet..."
"She's your grandma too..."
"Right... Our granny..."

Jimin smiles wide.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The Next day, Jungkook drops Jimin at his academy before going to his office.