31 | We Weren't Doing Anything

20.04.2024📍

"Tell me something about you & Jungkook."
"About us... Everything's good between us..." Jimin feels nervous for no reason.

"Have you two been close?"
"Hn? Ye-ah I suppose?" He himself isn't sure. 'Aren't they close if he can talk about his problems with Jungkook?' He thinks.

'Like this morning too, he was at his absolute low when he spilled about his mother's last memory in front of him. Something he hasn't told anyone. Not even his dad.'

"I mean, are you two close in bedroom..." Granny feels weird to ask, but the way Jimin reacted when Jungkook hugged him from behind, that's not how a married couple behave after a month of their marriage.

'Maybe because it was an arranged marriage? But puppy looks at him with such strong emotions that can't be named anything other than love.' Granny thinks.

If it was his dad asking the same question, Jimin would've immediately flipped on him. But from granny it doesn't feel like a breach of privacy for her own personal reasons. He feels inclined to answer.

"Not in that way..." He mumbles with red cheeks.
"Do you not like him yet?" Granny asks like a curious child, nothing like a judgmental adult.

"It's not like that granny... I do like him.. a lot actually. I'm just shy..." Jimin whispers again, biting his lips.

Granny snorts hitting his thigh. "If you always remain shy, how will he know if you like him or not. How will he know if he's making you happy or not?"

Jimin listens to her intently. 'Didn't I tell him I like him... I did tell him two times.' He thinks.

"You will have to learn to express yourself one way or another, puppy." Granny places her hand on the back of his palm. Jimin understandingly nods.

"For Jungkook, I know he doesn't openly use words too easily, but he's expressive with his actions. If you ever feel doubt, always pay attention to his actions, mhm?"

Jungkook's actions...
Jimin thinks and his cheeks go even more red remembering the kisses Jungkook gives him whenever he's down. And it's always done after asking him. He smiles shyly. "I will remember this... Thank you granny..."

"Has Jungkook's mother not told you this?"
"No..."
"She must have been busy." Granny smiles.

"Granny, how was mom with you..." Jimin asks curiously. Granny smiles reminiscing about the past.

"She was a sweet daughter-in-law, always cooked with me when she was here, always went shopping with me, and even helped me with my fields. To be honest, I sometimes miss her company..." Granny sighs.

"Really..." Jimin can't believe Jungkook's mother was really like this.
"Why? Is she not like that with you? Has she become a TV's mother-in-law?" Granny chuckles.

And Jimin doesn't have the heart to tell her that's exactly how she has become. He passes her a small smile.

His heart skips a beat when he hears Jungkook's voice from the kitchen door.
"Granny, I forgot to ask you for soya sauce." Jungkook shouts.
"It's in the second right corner."
"Okay"

"Why? Why do you become all shy like this even at his voice?" She teases him.
"Granny..." Jimin whines looking away.

"Puppy, has she not accepted you?"
Jimin looks back at her with guilty eyes. Is he ruining the image of his mother-in-law in front of her mother-in-law who clearly loves her.