Chapter One

The first time wasn't the best, but at least nobody was hurt.

Jongin cranked up the volume, music blasting through the windows of his car. Rather than drowning in his own sweat, he'd prefer to drown himself in upbeat pop and rock.

After an intense work out at the gym, his thin black top was clinging to his back and his chocolate brown hair was matted with sweat.

Nodding his head to the beat of the song, he rounded a corner onto his street. He was starting to become immersed in the rhythms when a small figure stepped out into the road.

'Shit!' he yelled, foot slamming down on the brakes. The car came to a screeching halt almost instantly. The boy fell back onto the hard concrete, and countless books spilled from his arms onto the road around him.

With wide eyes, Jongin scrambled out of his car and hurried to assist the boy, all the while chanting, 'I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to.'

His frantic heartbeat steadied, though, when he saw that the boy was at least three metres away from the front of Jongin's car.

The boy clutched his side and scrunched his face up. Momentarily glancing at Jongin, he cried, 'Yah! Watch where you're going next time!'

Jongin's eyes narrowed. 'I didn't even hit you.'

'But you could have!' the boy screamed, glaring at Jongin as he gathered his books. He clambered to his feet whilst hitching the strap of his backpack up onto his shoulder, and Jongin was surprised to see how much shorter the boy was than himself.

His abnormally round eyes were filled with frustration, and Jongin had to stop himself from visibly grimacing. 'I didn't mean to nearly run you over,' he muttered, feeling unusually intimidated by the angry boy before him.

'Are you blind? Or are you going to try and blame it on me?' the said boy huffed.

'Well, you did kind of just walk out in front of me.'

The boy huffed again, and Jongin's gaze slid down to the books in his arms. 'Why are you carrying those books anyway if you have a bag?'

The boy frowned and looked at the taller boy in disgust. 'What's it to you?' he snorted, then looked away and mumbled, 'I bought too many. They won't all fit in my bag.'

Jongin found himself laughing, and the boy scowled at him with a face like thunder.

'What about you? Are you sure you did anything at the gym?' the boy smirked, eyeing Jongin's biceps sceptically. The taller guy wasn't surprised the other was able to guess where he had been, given his sporty attire and still sweaty body.

He followed the boy's gaze to his own arms, before looking up again with a frown. 'Hey! I worked out for three hours straight!'

'Really? It doesn't look like it.'

'Maybe you should grow a little taller before mocking other people's bodies,' Jongin retorted angrily. He swore he could see steam puffing out of the boy's ears.

'I can't help being small!' he roared, his voice seeming too deep for his face.

Before Jongin could open his mouth to retaliate, there came a loud, high pitched honk of a car horn. That was when he realised his car was still in the middle of the road with the driver's door wide open.

He raised a hand to apologise silently to the driver behind him and hurried back to his car. As he climbed in, he peered over the top of the door at the small boy, who was still stood fuming in the middle of the road.

'Later, hobbit,' Jongin called with a laugh. He slammed the car door shut after him, but not before hearing the boy's furious reply.

'I am not a hobbit!'

~ A/N
Hellooo:) this is my first Kaisoo fanfic so I apologise in advance if it's bad haha:') I hope you enjoy reading it!