Chapter Fifty

Several days had passed since Kyungsoo had temporarily moved in with the Kim household and he was quickly adjusting to life as an active Kim household member. He had been assigned the role of 'Head Chef' after demonstrating his glorious hidden cooking skills one night, and had since cooked each and every evening meal for Jongin and his family.

Kyungsoo met Jongin's two older sisters the day after they arrived at the house and they had immediately fallen in love with him, much to Jongin's despair. He could only watch helplessly like a kicked puppy as his oldest sister repeatedly squished Kyungsoo's cheeks, babbling about how the small male hadn't changed a single bit since when she used to baby sit him, and how his cheeks were just as soft as they were back then.

Not long after, the younger of the two sisters came bounding into the room, abruptly 'assaulting' Kyungsoo - as Jongin had described it - and cooing over his petite figure and his 'adorable smile'.

After ten minutes of being shooed away by his sisters, Jongin decided that enough was enough. Taking a firm hold of Kyungsoo's wrist, the tanned male marched his way upstairs to his room, his brows knitted together and an undeniable pout on his lips. Kyungsoo could only smile adoringly at Jongin's back, which was rather easy on the eye, might he add.

Incredibly, Jongin managed to steer Kyungsoo away from his bothersome sisters before they could do too much damage, and the two lovers spent a relaxing weekend in peace.

They threw time in the river, just as they threw breadcrumbs to a passing duck on one of their many scenic dates, and before they knew it, almost a week had passed since they arrived at Jongin's home.

All the while, Kyungsoo and his own family remained without contact, until one day.

On that day, Jongin's sisters had gone out for a shopping trip, so there was only Mrs Kim in the house besides them. Whilst she was organising some bills and letters in the kitchen, Jongin and Kyungsoo watched one of the taller's favourite European movies in the lounge.

'I don't get it,' Kyungsoo voiced after a while. 'How can Peter Pan fly if he has no wings?'

Jongin sighed. 'Magic, hyung,' he stated matter-of-factly, as though it was the most obvious thing ever. 'How else do you explain Superman and Batman?'

Kyungsoo frowned. Superhero movies were undoubtedly his biggest guilty pleasures, and Jongin knew it. 'That's different,' he argued. 'They have super powers. It's in the name, idiot.'

'Hush, Wendy,' Jongin grumbled, since he knew Kyungsoo had a point. 'Just watch the movie.'

The smaller opened his mouth to retort, only to be cut off by the shrill sound of the doorbell ringing. Having become accustomed to his added role as 'Chief Mail Collector', he quickly jumped up and scurried to the front door, yelling an enthusiastic, 'I'll get it!' as he ran.

He was mistaken, however, as the person at the door was not the postman. Instead, it was his mother.

His face contorted with confusion, Kyungsoo could only gape at the woman as she stood before him with her head hung and her hands clasped tightly around a small plastic bag.

Wondering why his boyfriend was taking so long, since their new Chief Mail Collector was usually back at his side within seconds, Jongin picked himself up off of the couch and wandered out of the room to the front entrance. His eyes widened and his lips parted slightly at the sight of Kyungsoo's mother.

Lifting her head slowly, Mrs Do offered the two boys a sheepish smile, shifting her gaze to her son after a moment. 'Hello, Kyungsoo,' she said.

Kyungsoo had never known her to have such a small voice before, and her tone was filled with embarrassment, shame and regret. It felt as though hours had passed before he managed to find his own voice. 'Mother,' he breathed. 'What.. what are you doing here?'