Chapter Twenty-Eight

The next morning, Kyungsoo and Jongin began to get ready for their bowling date.

Whilst Jongin was showering, Kyungsoo laid back on the bed and read a book, since he was already dressed.

He jumped in his spot when the door swung open, revealing a still miserable Minseok and a helpless Jongdae. Without a word, Minseok collapsed onto the vacant bed and closes his eyes.

Meanwhile, Jongdae sat on the other bed beside Kyungsoo's legs. The owl eyed boy's eyes were trained on Minseok, the book still resting upright in his grasp.

'I found him moping in the corridors,' Jongdae explained when Kyungsoo shot him a questioning look.

'Why?'

Jongdae grimaced. 'Sehun came to their room.'

As his lips curled into an 'o' shape, Kyungsoo looked back at the older boy with pity in his brown orbs. Minseok had been doing so well, even seeming to be moving on slightly, but he was still unable to watch the couple interact.

They watched the unmoving boy for a while until Jongin emerged from the bathroom, a white towel resting comfortably on his hips. Kyungsoo fought the urge to stare at his boyfriend's toned, sun kissed torso, mentally congratulating himself when he managed to look away before it seemed creepy.

Unfortunately, Jongin noticed, and an amused grin tugged at his lips. Instead, he turned to the newcomers in the room. 'Jongdae hyung? Minseok hyung, are you okay?'

'He's mourning,' Jongdae whispered, not so quietly.

'Mourning?' Jongin whispered back. 'Mourning what?'

'His love life.'

'I can still hear you,' Minseok mumbled, causing them all to jump slightly. He opened one eye and met Jongdae's. 'You're not very good at whispering.'

'Sorry, hyung,' Jongdae said, looking down with guilt written across his face.

Minseok looked at him for a moment, his own eyes filled with guilt. He hesitated, before getting up and wrapping his arms around Jongdae. 'No, it's okay,' he said into the younger's neck. 'I'm sorry.'

Too shocked to answer, Jongdae simply wrapped his arms around his friend and hugged him back.

As they wordlessly embraced each other, Jongin sat down beside Kyungsoo. When the owl eyed boy rested his head against Jongin's shoulder, the taller rested his own head against Kyungsoo's.

'Maybe we should take Minseok hyung bowling with us,' Kyungsoo suggested quietly, causing Jongin to sit up and look at him. 'I know it was just going to be us, but we could still have our date.'

Jongin considered the proposition for a moment. 'I guess we could still have our time together. Besides, it might take Minseok's mind off of things for a while.'

Kyungsoo nodded in agreement, before a though occurred to him. 'Wait, do you think he'd be okay seeing us together?' he said, then grimaced. 'I guess he might feel like a third wheel.'

'Why don't we take Jongdae with us, too, then?' Jongin suggested, causing Kyungsoo to raise his eyebrows in consideration.

'That's a good idea,' he said. 'I think he might go stir crazy if he doesn't leave the dorms soon, anyway.'

The two laughed quietly, causing Jongdae and Minseok to break their hug and look at them questioningly.

Grinning at them, Jongin announced, 'you two are coming bowling with us.'

~

At the bowling alley, Minseok didn't appear to be much more lively, but there was now a faint, contented smile resting on his lips. And that, Kyungsoo thought, was progress.