Chapter Twenty-Seven

It didn't take long for the rest of the twelve friends to find out about Luhan and Sehun, even though Minseok said nothing.

In fact, he spent most of his time in his dorm room. Whenever Jongdae, Kyungsoo or any of the others invited Minseok to hang out with them, he would politely decline and say that he had a lot of coursework to catch up on.

Whenever Luhan was in the room, he tried his best to speak to Minseok, but the older's responses were lethargic and subdued, so the pink haired boy gave up.

He knew that something had happened to upset Minseok, since the melancholy behaviour had began the day after they went out into the school yard. Cluelessly, he assumed it was due to the fact that he had not given up his time sufficiently to allow Minseok to tell him what was bothering him - which was partly true.

But, of course, the real reason behind Minseok's state of depression was what he had seen that day. The way Sehun and Luhan hugged, the younger kissing the other's forehead as well. He immediately felt like that should've been him, and he hated himself for thinking that way. He just wished he could do that, too.

Weeks had passed, and the new couple were now official.

Junmyeon had suggested holding another celebration party in the town, but with the traumatising memories of headaches and hangovers still fresh in their minds, the others had unanimously declined.

Sehun and Luhan seemed to be getting on well - although there wasn't much progress in Minseok's opinion - and Chanyeol and Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongin, too.

Even Kris and Tao had formed themselves a relationship, although it relied heavily on Kris treating his 'whiny panda' to everything he asked for.

All in all, everything was perfect; except for Minseok.

Even though he still struggled to see Luhan and Sehun together, he came out of his room a lot more often. He had also realised that ignoring Luhan was only going to distance them, so he made an effort to acknowledge the younger's words.

Luhan had also developed a tendency to talk deep into the night about his daily life, spilling his thoughts and feelings at four o'clock in the morning, when Minseok would ideally prefer to be sleeping.

But he fought to keep his drooping eyelids open until the very last word and more, until he could hear Luhan's steady, even breaths filling the silence in the room, just so he could whisper a soon forgotten, 'goodnight, angel.'

But one night, after his monologue had drifted off into the night, Luhan laid on his back and contemplated his life. That night, after quite some time, he heard Minseok's whisper. And it wasn't forgotten.

~

'Jonginnie,' Kyungsoo murmured. He was wrapped safely in the tanned boy's embrace, their bodies moulded together as they lay in Jongin's bed.

Jongin hummed in response, his eyelashes fluttering as he fought to open them. Eventually, he lost the fight and settled with pulling Kyungsoo closer and nuzzling his hair.

Giggling softly, Kyungsoo laid a small hand against the younger's bare chest. It was not a situation to be misinterpreted; they had yet to experience their first time.

But Kyungsoo wasn't in any haste to complain when he learned about Jongin's preference of sleeping without a shirt. After all, who would say no to those mouth-watering abs?

'I'd like to go on another date,' Kyungsoo whispered, his warm breath tickling the younger's chest.

'I was actually thinking the same thing in class earlier,' Jongin said softly, his voice muffled slightly by the smaller's dark brown locks. 'It's been a while since our first date.'

'Yeah,' Kyungsoo said. 'I was hoping we could do it again.'

'Again?' Jongin laughed quietly, his eyes now open as his tiredness deserted him. 'Do you know how much those amusement park tickets cost me?'

This earned another giggle from Kyungsoo, who knocked his chest playfully. 'No, silly, I just mean I wanted to go on another date with you. But not too extravagant this time.'

'Okay,' Jongin replied, nodding against the smaller's head. 'Do you have anything in mind?'

Kyungsoo thought for a moment, a wandering hand coming up to play with Jongin's hair as he did so. 'What about bowling?' he finally suggested.

He could feel the smile pull at Jongin's lips. 'Bowling,' he echoed. 'That sounds good. Not too extravagant.'

'Exactly,' Kyungsoo grinned. After a moment of comfortable silence, he spoke again. 'I've never actually been bowling.'

'Really?' Jongin asked, shocked. 'You never went when you were younger?'

Kyungsoo scoffed. 'Jongin, I think you're forgetting that my parents are business people. Their time was too precious to waste it with me when they had contracts to sign and agreements to make.'

'But did you never even go out with your friends?'

'I had business training almost every minute of every day. I barely got the time to head to the park at the end of the street, where I usually met up with Baekhyun.'

'Huh,' Jongin breathed as he processed the information. He didn't want to voice his thoughts aloud for fear of offending Kyungsoo, but his parents didn't sound like the most family oriented people in the world. Their son had barely even experienced a proper childhood.

'Bowling it is then,' Jongin said.

~ A/N
I got wifi the other day so I decided to update^^ although short update for a change like the last one, also a bit of a boring chapter since nothing happened xD sooorry
Question: do any of you guys happen to be 5sos fans? Let me know if you are! I know something you might like:3