Chapter Forty-Six

The drive to the COEUS Group offices was only around fifteen minutes long, but it felt like the longest fifteen minutes of Kyungsoo's life.

With his head pressed against the glass, he stared out at the passing city, willing time to go by as quickly as possible until he would meet Jongin.

But, of course, his time was about to be better spent in one of his father's business meetings.

The strict man had dismissed all of Kyungsoo's protests to be excused from the meeting, and had insisted instead that he sit beside the CEO and participate where appropriate.

As expected, the meeting was unquestionably boring.

More than just a few times, Kyungsoo found himself unable to avoid yawning, though he made no effort to stifle them. Several of the men in the meeting turned and shot him looks of disapproval each time, but the small male fought back a smug smile and ignored them. After all, none of them were brave enough to voice their opinions.

His father was just beginning to discuss the topic of the company's financial welfare when Kyungsoo felt his phone vibrate against his thigh. He pulled it out, a smile instantly painting itself on his face at the sight of Jongin's name.

To: My SatanSoo
How is the love of my life today? Basking in the luxury he deserves, I hope~
Sent: 12:24 pm

Lifting his eyes and glancing around the large glass table, Kyungsoo quickly checked to make sure no-one was watching. Not that he cared.

He averted his eyes back to his phone and typed back.

To: Kkamjong~
Sadly not. Father's business meetings are as far from luxury as you can get.
Sent: 12:25 pm

The reply came almost instantly.

To: My SatanSoo
Aw man! I'll save you baby<3
Sent: 12:25 pm

Kyungsoo breathed a quiet laugh as his thumbs tapped rapidly at the keyboard on screen.

To: Kkamjong~
Please do, I'm slowly dying:(
Sent: 12:26 pm

To: My SatanSoo
-swoops in wearing red underwear and a cape- It is I, Jongin the Great! Here to save my precious owl from the monsters of COEUS Group!
Sent: 12:27 pm

Before Kyungsoo could reply, another message came through.

To: My SatanSoo
Oh shit I just called your dad a monster omg please ignore that Mr Do I didn't mean it I swear-
Sent: 12:27 pm

This time, the small male couldn't keep from laughing aloud. Covering his mouth with one hand, he looked up to see all pairs of eyes in the room on him.

'Kyungsoo,' his father said sternly, his expression one of pure condemnation. 'Please put your phone away and concentrate on the pressing matters at hand.' When Kyungsoo simply stared at him, holding his gaze steadily, the man lowered his tone and added a firm, 'Now.'

As the smile slid completely from his lips, Kyungsoo sighed heavily and shook his head in defeat.

When his father resumed talking, everyone's attention was quickly returned to the business being discussed.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and typed a quick reply, glancing up every second or so to make sure his father was still engaged with his work.

To: Kkamjong~
You wouldn't be wrong. Gotta go, the devil's calling. See you later<3
Sent: 12:30 pm

To: My SatanSoo
Praying 4 u<3
Sent: 12:31 pm

And, with that, Kyungsoo pocketed his phone and reluctantly turned his full attention to the meeting.