Chapter Eight

'K-Kyungsoo?' the boy asked quietly.

'Chanyeol,' Kyungsoo breathed.

They stared at each other for what seemed like forever, before Kyungsoo managed to get his legs to work.

He quickly closed the distance between them and threw his arms around Chanyeol. The much taller boy chuckled deeply and returned Kyungsoo's tight squeeze.

'It's been so long,' Kyungsoo said, voice muffled by Chanyeol's uniform.

'I'm so glad to see you here,' Chanyeol replied, before pulling away. 'So you've moved here?'

Kyungsoo nodded and grinned. 'I've been here since yesterday. I didn't even know you went to this school!'

The tall boy chuckled heartily. 'I remember telling you one time a few years back. You must've just forgotten.'

Kyungsoo lowered his head, a faint smile on his flushed face.

'So, you and Jongin, huh?' Chanyeol asked, wiggling his eyebrows with a knowing grin. Kyungsoo responded by punching the boy playfully in the arm.

'Shut up,' he muttered. 'We're just friends.'

His own eyes almost popped out of his head at his words, never mind the total surprise that registered on Chanyeol's face. Did I really just say we're friends?

'I didn't think he would be your type,' he replied, completely disregarding what Kyungsoo just said.

Kyungsoo huffed, 'he is not my type.'

Chanyeol smirked mischievously, before slinging an arm around Kyungsoo's shoulders. 'You going to the cafeteria then?'

'Yeah, are you?'

'For a change, yes. My friend Kris and I usually eat outside, but since it's raining today we decided to meet in the cafeteria,' Chanyeol explained, as the two of them made their way to the crowded lunch hall.

When they arrived, Kyungsoo stopped by the entrance and turned to Chanyeol. 'Well, I guess I have to go find my friend now.'

'Sure,' Chanyeol grinned, removing his arm from around Kyungsoo's shoulders. 'We should meet up some time and catch up.'

'I'd like that,' Kyungsoo grinned, before the two shared one last bear hug and parted ways. Chanyeol made his way to the back corner of the cafeteria, whilst Kyungsoo headed over to Baekhyun's table, which was now occupied by three more unidentified males.

Suddenly feeling slightly nervous, Kyungsoo decided to go straight to the table. He glanced at Baekhyun for some sort of reassurance that these people were nice, but he was only greeted by another wave of panic when he saw Baekhyun staring into space like a love struck puppy.

The unnamed boys looked up when he stopped and stood awkwardly beside the table.

'Kyungsoo, right?' a boy with curly brown hair asked cheerfully.

'Yes,' Kyungsoo replied quietly, but thankfully the boy caught it.

'I'm Jongdae!' he said and offered his hand. 'Nice to meet you.'

Kyungsoo took his hand and shook it lightly. 'You too.'

Jongdae gestured to the chair next to him, so Kyungsoo slid into it opposite the other two boys and Baekhyun.

The owl eyed boy's orbs widened even more when one of the remaining two boys looked up from his lunch. Who let a girl into the school?

'Hey, I'm Luhan,' the feminine faced boy grinned, his baby pink hair flopping down into his eyes. He brushed it aside, and Kyungsoo could have sworn the boy was glowing.